Can Megyn Kelly Be Saved?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah Silverman all dressed in black face.

No consequences. Free Speech.

Megyn Kelly talks about black face .... Gets Fired.

SELECTIVE !!
This is free speech, not horseshoes. You civil rights are intact unless or until the government arrests you for the things you say.

Since you aren't poor and black, I am sanguine about your prospects of continuing to enjoy all your civil rights.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I do, but not on Megyn Kelly. I am a huge Sonia Sotomayer fangirl.
I'm partial to Kagan myself. I really liked her answer to the question of where she was on Christmas of some year at her confirmation hearing. She said "Being a Jew, I was probably eating dinner at a Chinese restaurant."

I bet she would be a blast to go out drinking with. :D

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
This is free speech, not horseshoes. You civil rights are intact unless or until the government arrests you for the things you say.

Since you aren't poor and black, I am sanguine about your prospects of continuing to enjoy all your civil rights.
That does not change the fact that Free Speech is selective in the Country.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Every Conservative is a racist according to Liberals. We are Homophobes and every kind of phobes you can dream up to make yourselves into victims to promote your agenda. Your party has no agenda, so we will keep running this country till Liberals quit being victims and grow up to be adults

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toughen up, buttercup. Intelligent adults don't namecall. They engage in a debate in the merits.

You do. And I hope you feel I do.
Doesn't mean we always agree or even alter one another's POV.

But we actually listen to each other, and respond to the ideas under discussion.

You don't start calling me "fat", etc. even if you feel I am winning a debate with you.

That's the American way. The rest is just fucking noise.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Well that's a little awkward....

Yup. It's a real thing, too. I know white women my age who have been collecting "black momma" kitchenware for decades, and are now ashamed about it.

I also know white women ypung enough to be my granddaughter who refuse to buy from a company that uses the "Sambo" trope, like Uncle Ben's rice.

Nobody in America can feel at ease about race. This country is insanely, endlessly preoccupied by this ridiculous nonscientific concept.