Can Megyn Kelly Be Saved?

Nov 2008
Washington state
Toughen up, buttercup. Intelligent adults don't namecall. They engage in a debate in the merits.

You do. And I hope you feel I do.
Doesn't mean we always agree or even alter one another's POV.

But we actually listen to each other, and respond to the ideas under discussion.

You don't start calling me "fat", etc. even if you feel I am winning a debate with you.

That's the American way. The rest is just fucking noise.
Madeline, you are an exception and I don't mean to include you in most that call people names to make a point. I wish there was more control over those that break the rules on this Forum so we had a better experience

Nov 2008
Washington state
Yet, ironically, American puritanism is alive and well. Our tv show writers don't even DREAM of suggesting any woman over 35 is sexually active.

Can I please move over there? I am not yet ready to be sexually invisible.

You belong to the group of Americans who voted for the biggest victim as POTUS. Trump has not stopping kvetching and crying about how UNFAIR the media and DEMOCRATS are since election day 2016.

Poor, poor Trump.
He is right about news agency's reporting false information. The news should be reporting the news, not giving opinions of the President. Any News source including Fox, gets shut off if its an "Opinion Show".

Jun 2014
United States
Can Megyn Kelly Be Saved?

Sure she can, if she confesses her sin, repents, prays for forgiveness and professes that Jesus is her Lord and Savior.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
He is right about news agency's reporting false information. The news should be reporting the news, not giving opinions of the President. Any News source including Fox, gets shut off if its an "Opinion Show".

Jesus Fucking Christ! Open a goddamned American History textbook, sir. Read up on such things as:

Yellow journalism
The newspaper wars
The Alien and Sedition Acts
The Pentagon Papers
The Fairness Doctrine

You want to complain about lowered standards for American journalism? WTF doesn't? You think I applaud the move from Walter Kronkite to Nancy Grace?

Fuck no! But our media is not a government owned utility, thank God. These are private, for-profit companies that aim to give most of us what we want, most of the time.

Judging by our tv news programs, Americans want prepackaged horseshit in lieu of actual news.

You MUST work to find PUBLICATIONS you think reliably report news of importance to you. There are no topics of interest to you that you can fully appreciate by 3.5 minutes of chat from a tv news spokesmodel.

I can't emphasize this enough. You seem to be passively consuming whatever is fed to you by the media empire, which does NOT have your best interests at heart.

Instead, YOU should CONSCIOUSLY choose media outlets YOU trust, and STILL be skeptical enough to test the reported facts.

If you are befuddled by choices, try Longform.org. it's a blog that curates the best WRITTEN journalism in America on virtually any subject.

Meanwhile, stop bitching about our shitty American mass media companies. Ask anyone who once lived behind the Iron Curtain.

The only alternative to our free press is much, much worse.

MUCH WORSE.

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
Jesus Fucking Christ! Open a goddamned American History textbook, sir. Read up on such things as:

Yellow journalism
The newspaper wars
The Alien and Sedition Acts
The Pentagon Papers
The Fairness Doctrine

You want to complain about lowered standards for American journalism? WTF doesn't? You think I applaud the move from Walter Kronkite to Nancy Grace?

Fuck no! But our media is not a government owned utility, thank God. These are private, for-profit companies that aim to give most of us what we want, most of the time.

Judging by our tv news programs, Americans want prepackaged horseshit in lieu of actual news.

You MUST work to find PUBLICATIONS you think reliably report news of importance to you. There are no topics of interest to you that you can fully appreciate by 3.5 minutes of chat from a tv news spokesmodel.

I can't emphasize this enough. You seem to be passively consuming whatever is fed to you by the media empire, which does NOT have your best interests at heart.

Instead, YOU should CONSCIOUSLY choose media outlets YOU trust, and STILL be skeptical enough to test the reported facts.

If you are befuddled by choices, try Longform.org. it's a blog that curates the best WRITTEN journalism in America on virtually any subject.

Meanwhile, stop bitching about our shitty American mass media companies. Ask anyone who once lived behind the Iron Curtain.

The only alternative to our free press is much, much worse.

MUCH WORSE.
Tell me this, do you trust the news you hear the first time you hear it? I don't, and the reason why is most are politically driven to help one party or the other. Political parties should just hire news agencies to promote their ideologies. That's the way I feel about what I hear on the news

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Madeline, you are an exception and I don't mean to include you in most that call people names to make a point. I wish there was more control over those that break the rules on this Forum so we had a better experience
Meh. I control what I write. If someone attacks me as poor, fat, stupid, etc. over it, OTHERS who read these exchanges will make note that the namecaller ran out of persuasive arguments on the merits.

That's powerful stuff. Watching the other guy slink away probably opens more minds than any "poetic" post I write here.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Tell me this, do you trust the news you hear the first time you hear it? I don't, and the reason why is most are politically driven to help one party or the other. Political parties should just hire news agencies to promote their ideologies. That's the way I feel about what I hear on the news
Depends. I believe a brand new 737 plane (jet?) crashed into the Pacific a few days ago.

Worries me partially because they still have not recovered the black box off the Malaysian plane that went down last year.

I fear airline pilots are being brainwashed into murder-suicides, but if CNN reported that this has been proven, I would NOT accept this as a "fact" until I had all the facts and sifted them myself.

I believe the sun will rise in the morning, but I don't accept that this proves God exists or that the earth is round or even that the atmospheric conditions at sunrise creates the illusion that red clouds are lying along the horizon.

I don't trust very many media outlets, and I always verify.

Last edited: