Can Someone Please Explain Something to Me?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Bueller? Anyone?
I can't provide evidence, but my guess is the company is alleged to have bribed Joe Biden by hiring his son at a ridiculously high salary to do no work. And possibly that Joe Biden had dealings with the company before or after his son was hired, in his capacity as VP, so that might be criminal influence peddling.

However, two points. If Joe and Hunter Biden are guilty, that creates absolutely no defense to Trump's crime in bribing/extorting Zelensky.

And......

The company in the Ukraine is a natural gas supplier. Clearly, the company does not have plans to sell its product to U.S. consumers.

But it's troubling, ethically.

Joe Biden was Obama's point man on the Ukraine at a time when it was arguably the biggest overseas conflict of concern to the U.S.

The company is owned by the Ukraine's former Ecology Minister, Mykola Zlochevsky, an ally of the former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych - the pro-Russia leader who was ousted in 2014 and has lived in exile in Russia ever since.

Close ties between Hunter Biden and Viktor Yanukovyc -- or the appearance of such -- creates the appearance that Joe Biden might have been improperly influenced by his son. (There is no evidence whatsoever this actually occurred.)

Given what we know thus far, it seems likely the Bidens committed no crime but Hunter was extremely careless about the position he was putting his father in when he accepted the job.

Some say Joe Biden should drop out of the 2020 presidential race. I loathe his policies and so, I'm not objective. I think at worst, his son has terrible judgment but Joe himself is still above reproach. Trump will bash him over the head with this kerfuffle but if he wants to stay in the race, IDC.

As long as Bernie wins, IDC much what any other Democrat does.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I can't provide evidence, but my guess is the company is alleged to have bribed Joe Biden by hiring his son at a ridiculously high salary to do no work. And possibly that Joe Biden had dealings with the company before or after his son was hired, in his capacity as VP, so that might be criminal influence peddling.

However, two points. If Joe and Hunter Biden are guilty, that creates absolutely no defense to Trump's crime in bribing/extorting Zelensky.

And......

The company in the Ukraine is a natural gas supplier. Clearly, the company does not have plans to sell its product to U.S. consumers.

But it's troubling, ethically.

Joe Biden was Obama's point man on the Ukraine at a time when it was arguably the biggest overseas conflict of concern to the U.S.

The company is owned by the Ukraine's former Ecology Minister, Mykola Zlochevsky, an ally of the former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych - the pro-Russia leader who was ousted in 2014 and has lived in exile in Russia ever since.

Close ties between Hunter Biden and Viktor Yanukovyc -- or the appearance of such -- creates the appearance that Joe Biden might have been improperly influenced by his son. (There is no evidence whatsoever this actually occurred.)

Given what we know thus far, it seems likely the Bidens committed no crime but Hunter was extremely careless about the position he was putting his father in when he accepted the job.

Some say Joe Biden should drop out of the 2020 presidential race. I loathe his policies and so, I'm not objective. I think at worst, his son has terrible judgment but Joe himself is still above reproach. Trump will bash him over the head with this kerfuffle but if he wants to stay in the race, IDC.

As long as Bernie wins, IDC much what any other Democrat does.
Well, that's new one on me. I just did a search and find no connection between Joe Biden and the gas company at any point.

I agree, and have stated in a couple of threads, that there were ethical problems with Hunter having that job when Ukraine was one a few top foreign policy issues for the US. But I have seen no evidence of anything criminal related to it. And you're right. Even if there was something criminal going on with the Bidens it does not change a damn thing about Trump misusing and abusing his office for personal gain.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, that's new one on me. I just did a search and find no connection between Joe Biden and the gas company at any point.

I agree, and have stated in a couple of threads, that there were ethical problems with Hunter having that job when Ukraine was one a few top foreign policy issues for the US. But I have seen no evidence of anything criminal related to it. And you're right. Even if there was something criminal going on with the Bidens it does not change a damn thing about Trump misusing and abusing his office for personal gain.
There is no evidence Hunter and Joe EVER discussed the Ukraine, before or after he was hired. No evidence Joe was aware in advance Hunter would be offered that job. No evidence Joe EVER modified any position the U.S. took on the Ukraine due to interference by his son.

It LOOKS bad, and should not have happened, but that seems to be the top, side and bottom of it.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
We're continually told that the Bidens engaged in some kind of criminal activity in relation to Ukraine. Could you elaborate on what those crimes were and back it up with some evidence, please?
It's a combination of diversion on the part of the Trump administration and whataboutism.

It's pretty easy to see why something hinky appears to be going on when Hunter Biden is appointed to a foreign corporate board and makes $50K/month. The fact Joe Biden bragged about having a corrupt Ukrainian official removed from office allows the Trump administration to draw a picture and connect the dots for their conspiracy theory base.

It's just more smoke from the Trumps to mask their own crimes.