Can we all just simply agree that racism is wrong ?

Can we all just simply agree that racism is wrong ?

• yes.

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • no.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
mr. bob,

Question: can we all agree that racism is wrong?

Mr. Stan: no.

How exactly am I twisting the word "no"?
Kallie, why are you insisting on pretending you don't understand?

Everyone in here understands what I said, so why the fake difficulty act?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
I don't think we can agree. There seems to be quite a few who don't.

All we can do to show we aren't racists and that it is wrong, is to simply not be like that towards other people.

That is the simple and easy-to-do part.

It helps to consider another's feelings over their political views, job title or skin color.

And if you want, you can send love their way, not only will it help them but it helps you a little too.

Reactions: StanStill

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work

All we can do to show we aren't racists and that it is wrong, is to simply not be like that towards other people.

That is the simple part.
Did you vote? I've already got 2 votes on my side*. Let's keep the wave going!

*including my own.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

That is the simple and easy-to-do part.

It helps to consider another's feelings over their political views, job title or skin color.

And if you want, you can send love their way, not only will it help them but it helps you a little too.

agreed, People should not be racist douches, no virtue signaling needed!

Nov 2018
Maryland
Racism is wrong, but I believe some people are called racists when they are not. For example, if you claim that you didn't vote for Obama, some perceive you as a racist, when in fact, you just opposed his policies.
And, conversely, if you voted for Trump, some call you a racist, when in fact you may just be voting for his policies.

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
At any rate, I didn't mean to torpedo a serious topic, especially not by attracting the quite predictable moth to my brilliance.

I just wanted to make a path to start talking about what the definition of racism is. Obviously (or at least hopefully) we all agree "it" is wrong, but we don't agree with each other's definition. Let's start with the basics that we all agree on:

Racism
  • n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  • n. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
  • n. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.