Can we finally just admit that "white privilege" is just a meaningless buzzword liberals throw out

Jan 2014
California
when they can't field a rational argument?

CNN Legal Analyst Apologizes After Accidentally Accusing Black Radio Host of White Privilege

Love it:

Webb (Fox Nation Host): “I never considered my color the issue. I considered my qualifications the issue.”

Martin (Black CNN legal analyst): “Well, David, that’s a whole other long conversation about white privilege and the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have....By virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

Webb: “Areva, I hate to break it to you...I’m black.”

Jul 2011
NYC
when they can't field a rational argument?

CNN Legal Analyst Apologizes After Accidentally Accusing Black Radio Host of White Privilege

Love it:

Webb (Fox Nation Host): “I never considered my color the issue. I considered my qualifications the issue.”

Martin (Black CNN legal analyst): “Well, David, that’s a whole other long conversation about white privilege and the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have....By virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

Webb: “Areva, I hate to break it to you...I’m black.”

BuAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

suprised Martin didn't confer with white cnn talking heads about how much an "uncle tom" that makes Webb.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
White Privilege is not a meaningless buzzword.
It's dog whistle for Racist on the Left for "hate all white people".
It has absolutely nothing to do with privilege.
It means that you can walk through a department store without being followed by store security.
It means that when you're not breaking any traffic laws, you're unlikely to be pulled over by police for a "routine stop."
It means that if you have a criminal record, you're still likely to be able to find employment.
It means when you enter racially-neutral terms like "beauty" into Google Images, you're guaranteed to see primarily white people*.

... And much more.

* Also try "rich people" and "poor people."

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
"White privilege is a contemptible construction. It explicitly invokes skin colour as the only vector of judgment. It insists on “whiteness” as a flaw, a failing, and, as it almost always is, when yoked with “male” is the verbal equivalent of a spit. It is pure stereotype, ugly and angry. It is seen as a necessary term in identity politics, the politics of faction — ethnic, racial and religious.

White privilege is a racist concept on its face, with skin colour as the main determinant of value and truth." -
Rex Murphy

Why I'll Never Apologize for My White Male Privilege
The fatal flaw of ‘white privilege’

And one of my favorite critiques, from Jordan Peterson:

Okay, so here’s her white privilege list, some of it, there’s like 50 things. ‘ I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.’ ‘If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.’ That’s actually a wealth thing, by the way. ‘I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.’ ‘I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.’ ‘I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.’ ‘When I am told about our national heritage or about “civilization,” I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.’ There’s 50 of those, I think, something like that.

Okay, is that white privilege, or is that, like majority privilege? Is the same true if you go to China, you’re Chinese, is the same true if you’re Chinese? Is it majority privilege, and if it’s majority privilege, isn’t that just part of living within your culture? So let’s say you live in your culture, you’re privileged in that culture, well obviously. That’s what the culture is for. That’s what it’s for. Why would you bother building the damn thing if it didn’t accrue benefits to you? Well, you might say one of the consequences is that it accrues fewer benefits to those who aren’t in the culture. Yeah, but you can’t immediately associate that with race. You can’t just do that. Say it’s white privilege. There’s many things it could be. Certainly could be wealth. And the intersectional people have already figured out there are many things it could be. So like, what the hell? Seriously, well, what’s going on?

Well, we let these pseudo-disciplines into the university because we’re stupid and guilty, seriously. And they have no methodological requirements and plenty of power and plenty of time to produce nonsensical research and produce like resentful activists and now we’re bearing the fruits of that. It’s not pretty, so white privilege.​

Jun 2010
Ohio
It means that you can walk through a department store without being followed by store security.
It means that when you're not breaking any traffic laws, you're unlikely to be pulled over by police for a "routine stop."
It means that if you have a criminal record, you're still likely to be able to find employment.
It means when you enter racially-neutral terms like "beauty" into Google Images, you're guaranteed to see primarily white people*.

... And much more.

* Also try "rich people" and "poor people."
Yes because there are no rich black people or poor white people.

Also noone of your examples apply to blacks or whites based on race.

You are a proven massive failure try reducing the epic level of ignorance.