Can we finally just admit that "white privilege" is just a meaningless buzzword liberals throw out

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Oh, I see. Black people are the real racists because they're making white people uncomfortable.

How dare they!
No, but it's unsurprising you are projecting racism onto others. What in my post caused you to project such a thing onto me? Please point out, point for point, what you disagreed with in my post requoted below, other than the fact I disagree with you about "white privilege"?
First, racism didn't start with nor does it only exist among American white males despite all the dancing and false accusations by the Left.

Second, there should be no doubt racists live among us. On this forum, in our neighborhoods and on our television. No "race" (I use that because there really aren't any according to geneticists. It's cultural differences) has a monopoly on racism.

Lastly, those screaming the loudest about the injustices of racism are usually among the most divisively racist in our nation.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I'm kind of curious to know if those who feel white privilege doesn't exist believe in white guilt?
IMO, the only people who feel "white guilt" are racists who believe in "white privilege". They're overcompensating due to guilt much like an adulterous husband gives a bunch of flowers to his wife "for no reason".

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
People who's job is related to sociology tend to do that with everything. Put it a box, analyze it to death, etc. I'm not sure where the term white privilege came from, so I can't say if academics created it or not. Maybe it was just slang people started using & the intelligencia pounced on it.

(snip ahead)

Anyway, I'm not clear what the origin of the term white privilege is, I'll have to look it up
Wikipedia provides some leads.
My view as well. But if someone farts in your face does it matter if they do it on purpose or if they did it on accident then refused to take responsibility for it and admonish you to quit being so sensitive about it?
Differences in outcome according to race aren't necessarily a matter of intentional vs. accidental racism.
Lately I'm getting a little tired of people's emotions, probably because of Twitter. At least half the people there seem to have no idea what the difference between having thoughts & input & having a reaction.
Never actually been on Twitter. Only ever read screencaps of twitter comments. I
Sometimes a thing isn't a thing until someone points at it & gives it a name. Like affluenza. Plenty of fairy stories & fables about spoiled & selfish children who do bad things, but no label till recently.
It's possible to give names to things that don't require a new name.

Jan 2019
Portland, OR
when they can't field a rational argument?

CNN Legal Analyst Apologizes After Accidentally Accusing Black Radio Host of White Privilege

Love it:

Webb (Fox Nation Host): “I never considered my color the issue. I considered my qualifications the issue.”

Martin (Black CNN legal analyst): “Well, David, that’s a whole other long conversation about white privilege and the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have....By virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

Webb: “Areva, I hate to break it to you...I’m black.”
Whites are born into families that tend to be far more wealthy than minority families. Welcome to white privilege.

Apr 2014
Maryland
IMO, the only people who feel "white guilt" are racists who believe in "white privilege". They're overcompensating due to guilt much like an adulterous husband gives a bunch of flowers to his wife "for no reason".
Wow talk about playing with rhetoric. Yep the people who are aware of white privilege really don’t care about black people they only want to feel guilt therefore they are racists. What ridiculous logic. Feeling guilt is different from being aware. I feel bad When my black friends can’t hail a New York City and I have to do it for them.Am I feeling guilty? No but I feel better knowing that I can help them and I feel compassion for their situation. But you would rather turn your bigotry around on those who fight against it. No surprise there

Jan 2019
Portland, OR
That's really an ignorant ethnocentric comment.
Its a very obvious fact that white people tend to be a lot wealthier than minorities so their children have a huge advantage. Also, all races are essentially genetically the same, and yet minorities turn out a lot worse which indicates the environment rather than genetics. That bad start and bad environment for many minorities is what contributes to white privilege.