Can we finally just admit that "white privilege" is just a meaningless buzzword liberals throw out

Apr 2014
Maryland
Yes because there are no rich black people or poor white people.

Also noone of your examples apply to blacks or whites based on race.

You are a proven massive failure try reducing the epic level of ignorance.
How many times have you been stopped by cops for no reason? How many times have you been followed around in stores? I bet you think that even though for centuries black people were told they are inferior and one day it becomes illegal to segregate them and everyone’s attitude just changes. It will take several generations for the internalization of the inferiority of blacks and women, for equality

Apr 2014
Maryland
White Privilege is not a meaningless buzzword.

It's dog whistle for Racist on the Left for "hate all white people".

It has absolutely nothing to do with privilege.
Oh there goes that victim envy. And the extremism. It has everything to do with white male privilege for generations , for hundreds of years. Women and black people were denied the privileges that you boys enjoyed and were able to network..Women in black people were told that they were not worthy enough to vote, not worthy enough to be paid the same, not worthy enough to go to the top universities, not worthy enough to get loans in their own names etc.

Jul 2015
Florida
Yep, you tell all those psychologists, sociologists, anthropologists and criminologists it's a "liberal" buzz word. They'll take YOUR word for it.

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
"White privilege is a contemptible construction. It explicitly invokes skin colour as the only vector of judgment.
I stopped once I got to this. What's contemptible is mischaracterizing someone else's ideas in order to criticize them. Nothing about notions of white privilege claims it's the "only vector of judgment." It's ONE vector of judgment, and a bad one.

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
How many times have you been stopped by cops for no reason? How many times have you been followed around in stores? I bet you think that even though for centuries black people were told they are inferior and one day it becomes illegal to segregate them and everyone’s attitude just changes. It will take several generations for the internalization of the inferiority of blacks and women, for equality
This happens to me all the time.

Not sure if it's because I'm mixed or if Its because I look like I just got out of prison.

Nov 2015
UK
It means that you can walk through a department store without being followed by store security.
It means that when you're not breaking any traffic laws, you're unlikely to be pulled over by police for a "routine stop."
It means that if you have a criminal record, you're still likely to be able to find employment.
It means when you enter racially-neutral terms like "beauty" into Google Images, you're guaranteed to see primarily white people*.

... And much more.

* Also try "rich people" and "poor people."
What are the US stats between ethnic groups, say for shop lifting? So is it prudent to be more vigilant of certain groups?