Carbon dioxide is the basis for all life

Nov 2016
Maryland
The dose makes the poison" is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison." . It means that a substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within the body in a high enough concentration.

The same principle holds true for substances generally considered safe, including water, table salt . . . and CO2.

Jan 2014
California
I’m responding to YOUR visceral, ill-informed comment.
Mr. birdeyez,

My comment was neither visceral nor ill-informed as it is based on fact, not emotions.

And while I am extremely flattered by your attempted to imitate my style, I would be much more impressed if you actually had the creativity to come up with your own style.

Nov 2016
Maryland
Mr. birdeyez,

My comment was neither visceral nor ill-informed as it is based on fact, not emotions.

And while I am extremely flattered by your attempted to imitate my style, I would be much more impressed if you actually had the creativity to come up with your own style.
In yer dreams. I repeated your words to make a point, namely that your remarks were as vacuous as they could possibly be.

Jan 2014
California
In yer dreams. I repeated your words to make a point, namely that your remarks were as vacuous as they could possibly be.
Mr. Birdeyez,

Perhaps you should look up the definition of visceral before making such a foolish retort.

My original comment was based on fact, which I pointed out three times in this thread. Ergo, my response was neither visceral nor vacuous.

Do you care to respond with an actually debate counterpoint, or are you content with your dishonest fallacious retorts?

Nov 2016
Maryland
Mr. Birdeyez,

Perhaps you should look up the definition of visceral before making such a foolish retort.

My original comment was based on fact, which I pointed out three times in this thread. Ergo, my response was neither visceral nor vacuous.

Do you care to respond with an actually debate counterpoint, or are you content with your dishonest fallacious retorts?
What “fact?” And when will YOU provide a debatable point?

Jan 2014
California
What “fact?” And when will YOU provide a debatable point?
Mr. Birdeyez,

so sad, you choose dishonest fallacious retort rather than address the debate.

And you choose, the worst, most dishonest, and laziest fallacy, i.e., "I haven't seen you present a debate point."

My friend, you have truly fallen to the bottom of the non-intellectual cesspool....:(

Nov 2016
Maryland
Mr. Birdeyez,

so sad, you choose dishonest fallacious retort rather than address the debate.

And you choose, the worst, most dishonest, and laziest fallacy, i.e., "I haven't seen you present a debate point."

My friend, you have truly fallen to the bottom of the non-intellectual cesspool....:(
And personal insults, such as yours, betrays your lack of argument and your lack of interest in a serious discussion.

Nov 2016
Maryland
The dose makes the poison" is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison." . It means that a substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within the body in a high enough concentration.

The same principle holds true for substances generally considered safe, including water, table salt . . . and CO2.
No comments, just trolling so far?

Nov 2013
NY
As much as I dislike the need to do so, yet one has to agree with Kallie here, that ALL life would end, without CO2 in the atmosphere, as flora life forms are the producers of oxygen for fauna, yet flora themselves NEED CO2 in order to live.

Without CO2, no flora, without flora no oxygen to support fauna. It is a fact.

Now, the level of CO2 we are facing will be devastating, and poisonous for the planet, no question about that, and will possibly end our lives anyhow, true that.

That's why I plan to use my money during my life time best possible, and don't bet it on eternity :)