Catholic Church Loses Monopoly on Sexual Abuse to Southern Baptists

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Christians who 'love' Jews for the second coming are a minority. The majority it is because they are God's Chosen people.

I am surrounded entirely by fundie Christians and I promise you, not a one will not react with a swiftness to any criticism of Israel and it's for the sake of the Jews, not the Second coming.

Growing up to me Jews were like kin. The first Jewish person that I met (that I know of) was like ......... nothing. Totally meaningless. I was aware is faith doesn't include Christ, but the way I was raised that is irrelevant. They (unlike Muslims, according to them) worship the same God and that is all that matters. They keep God's Law. They might not even care if I had converted. I do know no one said boo about me being in a serious relationship that could lead to marriage.

Is he a Christian? No, he is Jewish. 'Oh, ok'. If they hated Jews and only pretended to like them for the sake of the second coming, they'd not want me to marry one, go to Israel, and be one of the 2/3 that perish!

(That is the goal of the weirdos - get as many Jews as possible to Israel to usher in the second coming, where 2/3 will perish)
I did not say they loved Jews,they believe it foretells the second coming of Christ. They have so twisted Religion in to something I doubt they even understand. I do know it is about control.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Keeping in mind the varying membership numbers of the various cults, how do the Baptist cult and the Jewish cult and Catholic cult numbers compare?
21 million Baptist with 27,000 Churches is the only info I have. But I also know that number is shrinking drastically. I heard that from those in Leadership for 4 years. Yet they cannot see why.

I think it has to do with being better Educated.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
More lies. There is no comparison. The baptist problem is very small compared to the Catholic cult and many more Baptist were convicted
Actually... That might not be the case if you scale the respective sizes of the congregations. There are 70M Catholics in the U.S., versus 15M Baptists (associated with the Southern Baptists). Scale the number of abuse cases, and they're quite similar.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Actually... That might not be the case if you scale the respective sizes of the congregations. There are 70M Catholics in the U.S., versus 15M Baptists (associated with the Southern Baptists). Scale the number of abuse cases, and they're quite similar.
There are many variations of Baptist. Not all are Southern. Many black Churches are Baptist, too.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Correct; the 15 million I cited are Southern Baptists. Total Baptists in the U.S. number about 50 million.
The scandal,so far is the Southern, but at this poinr who knows? Most Religions put the man in charge, women to follow. May be one of the reasons they are losing.

Most men are secure enough to love a strong woman.

Apr 2012
How many Catholic priests were convicted?

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
How many Catholic priests were convicted?
Regrettably, not many. They were protected by the Catholic Church for decades. Some died of old age. Many others simply waited out the statute of limitations. They had friends in the Republican Party helping fend off investigation efforts, which bought them considerable time.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I did not say they loved Jews,they believe it foretells the second coming of Christ. They have so twisted Religion in to something I doubt they even understand. I do know it is about control.
I put 'love' in quotes because I do not think that it is 'love' to want to get as many Jews over to Israel as possible to usher in the death of 2/3 of them that is supposed to happen in the second coming, but as I said that is a minority of Christians. The majority of Christians who really love Jews have pure reasons. They are the God's Chosen People. They follow God's Law. IDK how they square with ethnic Jews who are not observant, but this is how they believe.