CBS Fires Former ABC Staffer Who Blew Whistle on Network Spiking Epstein Accuser Interview

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
A couple of outliers like the Herald or Ronan Farrow aren't representative of the media.
The question you have to ask yourself is why was it Project Veritas who broke this story and not NBC, CBS, CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Vox, or Buzzfeed?
And, moreover, why ABC is so hell bent on retaliation that they would go so far as to have CBS fire an employee who apparently wasn't even a part of releasing the video.

Sure sounds like ABC doesn't know what hit 'em and are just out for blood.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
And, moreover, why ABC is so hell bent on retaliation that they would go so far as to have CBS fire an employee who apparently wasn't even a part of releasing the video.

Sure sounds like ABC doesn't know what hit 'em and are just out for blood.
And why is CBS cooperating?

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
A couple of outliers like the Herald or Ronan Farrow aren't representative of the media.
The question you have to ask yourself is why was it Project Veritas who broke this story and not NBC, CBS, CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Vox, or Buzzfeed?
When it comes to Project Veritas, specifically, I don't particularly care. Those guys have been caught doctoring footage more than once.

Reactions: Panzareta and Eve1

CtC

Mar 2019
California
It's more like "CBS doesn't want to employ someone who revealed confidential information about a previous employer, no matter what"
You mean a WHISTLEBLOWER? Hmmmm…. No protection for some. Depends on whose SIDE one is on? This is a REAL Whistleblower. Proving the Media was covering up for a pedophile to protect the Clintons.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
You mean a WHISTLEBLOWER? Hmmmm…. No protection for some. Depends on whose SIDE one is on? This is a REAL Whistleblower. Proving the Media was covering up for a pedophile to protect the Clintons.
Exactly .....

And, if Project Veritas doctored the video, as our Leftist friend claims, why is ABC flipping out trying to retaliate against the person who leaked the video?

The thing Leftist believe ..... :rolleyes:

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Exactly .....

And, if Project Veritas doctored the video, as our Leftist friend claims, why is ABC flipping out trying to retaliate against the person who leaked the video?

The thing Leftist believe ..... :rolleyes:
You really need to work on your reading comprehension. I did not say Project Veritas doctored this video.

They have been caught doing so in the past more than once, so even though this is a legit scoop, I could care less that they own it.

Reactions: Eve1

CtC

Mar 2019
California
You really need to work on your reading comprehension. I did not say Project Veritas doctored this video.

They have been caught doing so in the past more than once, so even though this is a legit scoop, I could care less that they own it.
Should this Whistleblower have been fired?

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Let me try to go down this rabbit hole with you. I'll make a serious effort.

The whistleblower as we know it is a Trump administration employee. Back in the 80's, in the wake of Watergate, Chuck Grassley led an effort to ensure that future administrations, if they attempted to engage in that kind of illegality, would have to deal with anyone who felt principled enough to disclose what they've been up to. That they wouldn't be able to find out who it is, and wouldn't be able to take official action against that person even if they did find out. Thus was born the whistleblower statute, which provides for both eventualities. The legislators of the United States, and the voters who put them in office by extension, have seen fit to offer special privileges to federal employees in various ways. This is one of them.

Taking an internal video and giving it to the likes of Project Veritas doesn't make you a whistleblower, it just means you leaked some video. Either way, the media doesn't really operate in the same kind of environment as the federal government. Most of a given firm's employees work on an at-will basis. They can be hired and fired at will for any reason at any time, or no reason. Typically, only on-camera "talent" and essential technical personnel are offered contracts. Even then, the purpose of the contract is not to offer any kind of tenure, but to ensure the employee doesn't hop over to a competitor the moment it strikes their fancy. They can usually be fired without much notice or due process. Private enterprise yay!

It is not in the best interests of CBS to retain a staffer who leaked internal video from a previous employer. The employee in question is almost certainly at-will, so CBS decided to engage in reasonable risk avoidance and pulled the plug. If the employee didn't know that's what would result from their actions, they're an idiot. Others of equal talent will soon take their place.