CBS "The Good Fight" Trailer Encourages Violence Against the Right

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Do you find this to be the first thread on Leftist inciting violence towards the right?

Seems to me there have been dozens and dozens of these threads over the last couple of years.

Do you think the are all "kneejerking"?

Uhm-Hmm .....

And, do you think normal thinking folks are really going to buy that?
I don't view CBS as a hotbed of leftist activism. I doubt they give a fuck other than as to ratings.

And much as I like you, John, you tend to overreact to what you consider "attacks on the right-wing".

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I don't view CBS as a hotbed of leftist activism. I doubt they give a fuck other than as to ratings.

And much as I like you, John, you tend to overreact to what you consider "attacks on the right-wing".
This thread isn't about me or my reaction to this.

And, I am by far not the only one who sees this as incitement of violence.

Clearly it is an incitment to violence .... regardless of who it is against.

Change up any of the characters, if you wish.

Make it a white person encoraging unprovoked violence against a Black Leftist.

IT'S STILL INCITING VIOLENCE !!!!!!

Regardless of my opinion or who the perpetrators or the victims are.

It is what it is.

Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Leftists: criticizing public officials is inciting violence

Also leftists: It's totally cool to punch anyone we deem is a Nazi.

As of they haven't spent the last few decades calling anyone they disagree with a Nazi.
All "leftist"? Or just some? It's important not to generalize. Wouldn't you agree? Also, isn't it a bit hypocritical, in of itself, to condemn an entire ideology in the defense of another?

Jan 2008
Most Insidious
All "leftist"? Or just some? It's important not to generalize. Wouldn't you agree? Also, isn't it a bit hypocritical, in of itself, to condemn an entire ideology in the defense of another?
That's how that argument rolls.

All of an ideology is bad because they "all" say all of another ideology are bad.

Pot... Kettle...

Jan 2016
Colorado
Obviously, Macduff generalizes a LOT. I disagreed with John McCain on a lot of issues, but the thought never even occurred to me of calling the man a 'Nazi'. WTF?!?? I disagreed with OBAMA on some things, but never called him a Nazi. I disagreed with George W. Bush a LOT, but never called him a Nazi. Now, I HAVE called Donald Trump a fascist, but that's because that actually fits the FACTS. And I've said he is far more comparable to Benito Mussolini than to other fascist leaders, to minimize any comparisons to Hitler. As I've written MANY times, I see Trump as being a kind of weird hybrid of P.T. Barnum, Charles Ponzi, and Benito Mussolini. But I NEVER called any previous Republican leader a 'Nazi', and I've never even called Trump that. I think anyone who does call Trump that is being more than a bit unreasonable.

Jul 2011
becoming more and more
That's how that argument rolls.

All of an ideology is bad because they "all" say all of another ideology are bad.

Pot... Kettle...
I especially like it when every liberal is accused of something ( like supporting violence ) based on some random event , like a trailer, most of them have never even heard of.

Mar 2019
California
This thread isn't about me or my reaction to this.

And, I am by far not the only one who sees this as incitement of violence.

Clearly it is an incitment to violence .... regardless of who it is against.

Change up any of the characters, if you wish.

Make it a white person encoraging unprovoked violence against a Black Leftist.

IT'S STILL INCITING VIOLENCE !!!!!!

Regardless of my opinion or who the perpetrators or the victims are.

It is what it is.
Well, that speech Maxine Waters made sounded like organizing a lynch mob. ALL of the street violence nowadays is caused by Left wing radicals. Facist,Nazi,and Racist are the Libs favorite words. Trouble is,I never saw a "Tea Party" member punch out an Obama supporter.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Well, that speech Maxine Waters made sounded like organizing a lynch mob. ALL of the street violence nowadays is caused by Left wing radicals. Facist,Nazi,and Racist are the Libs favorite words. Trouble is,I never saw a "Tea Party" member punch out an Obama supporter.
There is no question where the violent rhetoric and actual violence is coming from.

The news is full of such attacks.

My point is ....

What will the streets of America look like after a Trump victory in 2020?

Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Obviously, Macduff generalizes a LOT. I disagreed with John McCain on a lot of issues, but the thought never even occurred to me of calling the man a 'Nazi'. WTF?!?? I disagreed with OBAMA on some things, but never called him a Nazi. I disagreed with George W. Bush a LOT, but never called him a Nazi. Now, I HAVE called Donald Trump a fascist, but that's because that actually fits the FACTS. And I've said he is far more comparable to Benito Mussolini than to other fascist leaders, to minimize any comparisons to Hitler. As I've written MANY times, I see Trump as being a kind of weird hybrid of P.T. Barnum, Charles Ponzi, and Benito Mussolini. But I NEVER called any previous Republican leader a 'Nazi', and I've never even called Trump that. I think anyone who does call Trump that is being more than a bit unreasonable.
Meh. I admittedly generalize about Trump supporters. They're not all racist morons. But, the ones that really crack me up are the ones that claim they don't support Trump , even though it's clear they do if it means bashing "leftist". Must suck to feel compelled to support something they actually find repugnant just because they can't quit hating liberals.

Last edited: