Cheney dodges Trump jokes about Native American tragedies

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
The TDS Fueled© crowd is geting ever more desperate.

I’m seeing Trump getting trashed — “Twitter Lampoons Trump for Apparent Trail of Tears Joke Aimed at Elizabeth Warren” (Mediaite).

“The joke here is that the Trail of Tears was a genocide. Get it? Get it?”

I’ll just say 4 things:

1. Trump only wrote (yelled) “TRAIL.” He didn’t say “Trail of Tears.” His haters are zeroing in on the Trail of Tears and insisting that’s what he meant to refer to and that’s what he thought was funny to say. It seems to me that “trail” is a more general term and a term that relates to Native Americans. It’s that more general meaning that makes the specification “of Tears” understandable. It’s as if these anti-Trumpsters have never heard of the Great Trail or the Natchez Trace.

2. If Trump’s opponents really do feel empathy toward those who suffered in the Trail of Tears, why are they bringing it up to score political points? They’re taking something weighty and somber and throwing it around gleefully, because they think they got Trump. Is that a smirk I see on their face?

3. Trump got his opponents to repeat his tweet. They are making it viral, because they think they are hurting him, but they are spotlighting Elizabeth Warren’s worst problem and helping to insure that when we think about Elizabeth Warren, we think about her problematic use of the claim that she’s Native American.

4. The Trump antagonists are giving us another example of the harshness of the left’s demands. Whatever you say may be presented in the worst possible light. It seems that if anything can be portrayed as racist/sexist/homophobic, it will be, and you can be ruined in an instant in the America they have created and want to control. It’s scary.

And that, more than anything, is why you should vote for Trump. But if we’re going to talk Trail-of-Tears genocide, note that it was perpetrated by a Democratic president, as was the internment of Japanese Americans behind barbed wire in World War Two. So if you want to avoid genocide, you should probably avoid Democratic presidents by . . . voting for Trump. Just sayin’ . . .

Feb 2019
Florida
Cheney dodges Trump jokes about Native American tragedies

well, Cheney is a partisan hack. So, of course she would ignore racism on her side.
For the educated poster here who is right now scratching his/her head at what in the hell is this broad talking about now, here's a quote from this left wing hack rag:

And Saturday, following the announcement of the Massachusetts Democrat's presidential campaign, Trump tweeted, "See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!"— seen as a reference to the Trail of Tears

Okay. Is there ANY adults in the room who would hear the phrase "see you on the trail" and automatically get THIS picture in his/her head?
Cherokee Trail Of Tears

The reason I ask is because Fauxcahontas is NOT an Amerind. She is a LIAR, who tried to use Amerind heritage to get her affirmative action into a university she couldn't be accepted in on her own merits. Is there ANYONE here besides me who is even a LITTLE disturbed that this lying ho perpetrated this FRAUD?

Cherokee nation rebuke

The Cherokee Nation had criticized Warren right after her DNA test in October, saying the test was “useless.”

Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. said in his statement back in October that the test does not “determine tribal citizenship.”

“Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America,” Hoskin said. “Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation.”

Oh, and excuse me for bringing this inconvenient fact up, but Amerind is NOT a race. There is Caucasian, Negro and Mongolian. Amerind tribes that span two continents on the Western Hemisphere comprise such widely diverse cultures that there's NO WAY they could be considered ONE race. So THAT bit is asinine, to say the least.

Trump did not insult Warren. It was a joke, NOT something racist. That lying bitch insulted the Cherokee Nation and she insulted the American people. And the citizens of Massatoosetts are MORONS for electing her.

Feb 2019
Florida
Liz Cheney is choosing to completely IGNORE what the American Indian tribes are saying about Donald Trump's use of the name 'Pocahontas', and the fact that they regard it as a racial slur. She is a gutless wonder.
It is not a racial slur. Amerinds are spread across two continents; their cultures are as rich and diverse as possible. There's no way, (except to a REAL bigot) that ALL Amerinds can be lumped together in one single race. That's just plain idiotic.

Feb 2019
Florida
The TDS Fueled© crowd is geting ever more desperate.

I’m seeing Trump getting trashed — “Twitter Lampoons Trump for Apparent Trail of Tears Joke Aimed at Elizabeth Warren” (Mediaite).

“The joke here is that the Trail of Tears was a genocide. Get it? Get it?”

I’ll just say 4 things:

1. Trump only wrote (yelled) “TRAIL.” He didn’t say “Trail of Tears.” His haters are zeroing in on the Trail of Tears and insisting that’s what he meant to refer to and that’s what he thought was funny to say. It seems to me that “trail” is a more general term and a term that relates to Native Americans. It’s that more general meaning that makes the specification “of Tears” understandable. It’s as if these anti-Trumpsters have never heard of the Great Trail or the Natchez Trace.

2. If Trump’s opponents really do feel empathy toward those who suffered in the Trail of Tears, why are they bringing it up to score political points? They’re taking something weighty and somber and throwing it around gleefully, because they think they got Trump. Is that a smirk I see on their face?

3. Trump got his opponents to repeat his tweet. They are making it viral, because they think they are hurting him, but they are spotlighting Elizabeth Warren’s worst problem and helping to insure that when we think about Elizabeth Warren, we think about her problematic use of the claim that she’s Native American.

4. The Trump antagonists are giving us another example of the harshness of the left’s demands. Whatever you say may be presented in the worst possible light. It seems that if anything can be portrayed as racist/sexist/homophobic, it will be, and you can be ruined in an instant in the America they have created and want to control. It’s scary.

And that, more than anything, is why you should vote for Trump. But if we’re going to talk Trail-of-Tears genocide, note that it was perpetrated by a Democratic president, as was the internment of Japanese Americans behind barbed wire in World War Two. So if you want to avoid genocide, you should probably avoid Democratic presidents by . . . voting for Trump. Just sayin’ . . .

Just imagine the outrage if that trail of tears included a currette and a vacuum device, a la Margaret Sanger.

May 2007
Houston, Texas
Trump lied about himself during his entire presidential campaign & continues to do so every day. His dad only gave him a mere million dollars which he says he turned into a billion, he claims he knows more about virtually everything than any experts, and that his penis isn't small.

If it's just fine & dandy for him to lie all the damn time, why isn't it acceptable for Dems to do the same thing?
This shows the hypocrisy of jenniel. Trump's lies are alright to the alt right.

Jan 2016
Colorado
For the educated poster here who is right now scratching his/her head at what in the hell is this broad talking about now, here's a quote from this left wing hack rag:

And Saturday, following the announcement of the Massachusetts Democrat's presidential campaign, Trump tweeted, "See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!"— seen as a reference to the Trail of Tears

Okay. Is there ANY adults in the room who would hear the phrase "see you on the trail" and automatically get THIS picture in his/her head?
Cherokee Trail Of Tears

The reason I ask is because Fauxcahontas is NOT an Amerind. She is a LIAR, who tried to use Amerind heritage to get her affirmative action into a university she couldn't be accepted in on her own merits. Is there ANYONE here besides me who is even a LITTLE disturbed that this lying ho perpetrated this FRAUD?

Cherokee nation rebuke

The Cherokee Nation had criticized Warren right after her DNA test in October, saying the test was “useless.”

Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. said in his statement back in October that the test does not “determine tribal citizenship.”

“Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America,” Hoskin said. “Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation.”

Oh, and excuse me for bringing this inconvenient fact up, but Amerind is NOT a race. There is Caucasian, Negro and Mongolian. Amerind tribes that span two continents on the Western Hemisphere comprise such widely diverse cultures that there's NO WAY they could be considered ONE race. So THAT bit is asinine, to say the least.

Trump did not insult Warren. It was a joke, NOT something racist. That lying bitch insulted the Cherokee Nation and she insulted the American people. And the citizens of Massatoosetts are MORONS for electing her.
You just flunked Anthropology 101. Humans are far too genetically complex to separate into three simple races of "Caucasian, Negro, and Mongolian". One wonders into which of those three baskets you would classify the Amerinds and the Australian aborigines, for example.

Recommended reading: Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past, by David Reich, one of the leading researchers in the new field of genetic archaeology. It gets my nomination for Science Book of the Year for 2018.

Jan 2016
Colorado
It is not a racial slur. Amerinds are spread across two continents; their cultures are as rich and diverse as possible. There's no way, (except to a REAL bigot) that ALL Amerinds can be lumped together in one single race. That's just plain idiotic.
You, sir, are massively uninformed, and I am putting it kindly. The Book I just recommended in post #38 has an entire chapter devoted to this topic: "In Search of Native American Ancestors". We now know, beyond any reasonable or rational doubt, that there were four prehistoric migrations into the Americas----we can detect this from the genetic evidence from both living Amerindians and from ancient DNA. Two of the oldest migrations left a human legacy stretching as far as the southern tip of South America, but both of those groups were themselves related and stemmed from northeastern Asia. Two later migrations had an impact that was limited to northern North America. The first of those was the migration into North America of the Paleo-Eskimos some five thousand years ago; but they also contributed some ancestry to the Na-Dene peoples of North America, including the Apaches and the Aztecs. And most recently, a final wave from Asia some one thousand years ago brought the Neo-Eskimos into the Canadian Arctic. But all of these peoples are related and can be viewed as genetically distinct from the rest of the human race.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio

Cherokee Trail Of Tears

Cherokee nation rebuke

She could lie every day for the next ten years and not catch up to Trump.

And no one cares about your faux outrage about this. The left is done letting you hold us to a higher standard than your own candidates. If you don't like Warren don't vote for her.