Cheney to Congress: Can't run Iraq war by committee

I

Inkslinger

Congressional opposition will not influence President George W. Bush's plans to send more troops to Iraq, Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday, dismissing any effort to "run a war by committee."
"The president is the commander in chief. He's the one who has to make these tough decisions," Cheney said.
Cheney's defiant stance comes as both the House and Senate, now controlled by Democrats, prepare to vote on resolutions that oppose additional U.S. troops in Iraq. Cheney said those nonbinding votes would not affect Bush's ability to carry out his policies.
Cheney to Congress: Can't run Iraq war by committee - CNN.com

Yet again, these warmongers are going to do what they please, fuck The People. I have to wonder if the democratic Congress will FINALLY launch investigations and push for impeachment. We The People can only hope....

J

johnlocke

Congressional opposition will not influence President George W. Bush's plans to send more troops to Iraq, Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday, dismissing any effort to "run a war by committee."
"The president is the commander in chief. He's the one who has to make these tough decisions," Cheney said.
Cheney's defiant stance comes as both the House and Senate, now controlled by Democrats, prepare to vote on resolutions that oppose additional U.S. troops in Iraq. Cheney said those nonbinding votes would not affect Bush's ability to carry out his policies.
Cheney to Congress: Can't run Iraq war by committee - CNN.com

Yet again, these warmongers are going to do what they please, fuck The People. I have to wonder if the democratic Congress will FINALLY launch investigations and push for impeachment. We The People can only hope....
What you have to understand is that Cheney is the last of the ideologues who thought this war would be a good idea. He's personally (and financially) invested in it, so pulling out would not be a good thing. Besides, pulling out doesn't sound manly, we should leave it in there and get the job done. That's what we're doing to that country anyway. (kudos to George Carlin)

All that aside, Congress does have a plan. That plan is to NOT do what this administration has been doing. Were I the democratic party leadership I would simply reply to Mr. Cheney: "We tried it your way and it didn't work. Based on your performance, in this matter, YOU are hardly a credible judge of a viable strategy for Iraq."