Chevy Volt: The Car From Atlas Shrugged Motors

Jul 2011
Who is going to buy all these cars?

The Chevrolet Volt is beginning to look like it was manufactured by Atlas Shrugged Motors, where the government mandates everything politically correct, rewards its cronies and produces junk steel.

This is the car that subsidies built. General Motors lobbied for a $7,500 tax refund for all buyers, under the shaky (if not false) promise that it was producing the first all-electric mass-production vehicle.

At least that's what we were once told. Sitting in a Volt that would not start at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show, a GM engineer swore to me that the internal combustion engine in the machine only served as a generator, kicking in when the overnight-charged lithium-ion batteries began to run down. GM has continually revised downward its estimates of how far the machine would go before the gas engine fired, and now says 25 to 50 miles.

read more at: Chevy Volt: The Car From Atlas Shrugged Motors - Forbes.com
LOL!!!

I like that line: Atlas Shrugged Motors

Fitting.

That is pretty rich. 25-50 miles... Wow. Good stuff guys! Chevrolet gives it a range of 25 miles. Does that mean it gets more like 13 or 14 miles before it reverts to gas? Color me speechless.

Aug 2010
See you in a new existence!
Too bad American car companies aren't smart enough to build a car which can run 100 miles on a single charge and be cheap enough to compete with Oil Company subsidized cars. OPEC is laughing their ass off!