China is reportedly sending men to sleep in the same beds as Uighur Muslim women while their husbands are in prison camps

Jan 2014
Earth
I simply want an explanation to if the argument that if we need to protect the kurds why dont we need to protect the muslim chinese?

Whats the difference? Seems to me this is a potential genocide we havent seen since wwii
My great friend, as the saying goes, "Charity begins at home." You should be more worried about the Native Americans who have become a forgotten if not an "endangered species". :)

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
China is reportedly sending men to sleep in the same beds as Uighur Muslim women while their husbands are in prison camps

Chinese men assigned to monitor the homes of Uighur women whose husbands are sent to prison camps frequently sleep in the same bed as them, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported last week.

It appears to be another facet of the Communist Party's hardline campaign against the mostly-Muslim Uighur people in their home region of Xinjiang, western China, for the past two years.

Beijing sees all Uighur people as terrorists, and has used Islamophobia to justify its actions in the past.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Should we intervene? Start a war of choice with china? Many neoccon liberal chickenhawks lamented the withdrwawal from the kurds, on humanitarian grounds. Here we have a defacto genocide, are you all down for war here.?
China enslaves children, harvests their organs and uses their labor to make the cheap goods found on Wal-Mart shelves.

China's human rights record is appalling.

No U.S. president has ever suggested we ban the import of slave-made goods. None wants the backlash as American consumers lose access the cheap plastic crap China exports here.

We COULD do a great deal.

If history is any guide, we will actually do fuck all.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
There are growing signs that Trump's America is growing very desperate that it is an empire in decline. It is already intervening actively in China's domestic affairs such as Taiwan, Hong Kong and most outrageous of all, in Xinjiang. You can start a war now if you are Trump or one of his hawkish advisers.

If I were to be Xi Jinping, I should have cut off diplomatic relations with the US long ago. Using an analogy, if your spouse is unfaithful or your friend is disloyal, what's the point of treasuring or keeping the relationship?

P.S. By the way, I have to remind you of the genocide of Native Americans under the hands of white settlers. :freeze:

You suck at teh tyranny.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
China enslaves children, harvests their organs and uses their labor to make the cheap goods found on Wal-Mart shelves.

China's human rights record is appalling.

No U.S. president has ever suggested we ban the import of slave-made goods. None wants the backlash as American consumers lose access the cheap plastic crap China exports here.

We COULD do a great deal.

If history is any guide, we will actually do fuck all.

thats the point, why are kurds worth more amercan lives than muslim chinese?

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
the argument for many on the left is we abandoned the kurds and our troops should be used as human shields for them....

The justification was to prevent ethnic cleansing....

Well if ghats the criteria, imoresent them with a REAL case of ethnic cleansing to the tune of 2 million plus.
It’s the other way around there bro

The Kurds were human shields for us. And the justification was hunting down ISIS.

And Trump decided to not only betray that partnership, but to assist in their ethnic cleansing.

An accurate comparison would be if we had a partnership with the people in the OP where they fought a global terrorist organization for us in exchange for us keeping a small troop presence in their region to keep their people from being overrun by a government that forced men to sleep in the bed of women whose men were sent to prison camps, and then suddenly decided not only to withdrawal our troops but to also buy sheets for the new bedfellows. Yeah that would also be Extremely fucked up