Chris Christie confidante says NJ Gov mulling WH run

Vortex

Former Staff
Dec 2006
home
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has repeatedly said he is not running for president. But one of his predecessors who has known Christie for decades says he is now at least thinking about it.

Former governor Tom Kean told the National Review Online that the chatter around Christie's change of heart in recent days is "real."

"He's giving it a lot of thought," Kean said. "I think the odds are a lot better now than they were a couple weeks ago."

Christie is scheduled to speak later Tuesday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif. in remarks titled "Real American Exceptionalism."

more @ Chris Christie confidante says NJ Gov mulling WH run - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
---------------------------------------------------
So, conservatives, teaps and goppers - what do you think? Would Christie make a good president?

Would his running improve the GOP's chances to take the office in 2012?

Word is Barbara Bush has called Mrs. Christie to encourage her to encourage her husband to enter the race.

What are his good points?

What are his bad points?

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has repeatedly said he is not running for president. But one of his predecessors who has known Christie for decades says he is now at least thinking about it.

Former governor Tom Kean told the National Review Online that the chatter around Christie's change of heart in recent days is "real."

"He's giving it a lot of thought," Kean said. "I think the odds are a lot better now than they were a couple weeks ago."

Christie is scheduled to speak later Tuesday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif. in remarks titled "Real American Exceptionalism."

more @ Chris Christie confidante says NJ Gov mulling WH run - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
So, conservatives, teaps and goppers - what do you think? Would Christie make a good president?

Word is Barbara Bush has called Mrs. Christie to encourage her to encourage her husband to enter the race.

What are his bad points?

Good points are:

Born in the USA !!!

Stubborn

Has quick harsh mouth.

MAKES QUICK DECISIONS

hates tunnels into New York City

hates unions

hate teachers

hates Democrats

BAD POINTS :

Overweight - not a BFF but Overweight yes, probably not obese not yet and if he runs he should lose weight

used state helicopter for personal use but stopped after getting caught

Jun 2011
N/A
Here is Christie saying only about a gazillion times: NO! NO, I am not running. (And he is referring to both the Presidency and the Vice Presidency).

"I don't believe in my heart that I am ready to be President"

-and-

"What do I have to do short of suicide to convince people that I am not running?"

If he decides to run, the Democrats will tear him to pieces over both of these quotes.

And Bill O'Reilly is also encouraging him to stay put.

“It would be wiser for him to really establish himself in New Jersey because he hasn’t been there too long,” O’Reilly said.

“Look, I don’t know the governor,” O’Reilly added. “But just for tactical thing, it would be wiser to sit back for a while. He’s got some time. Look, it’s chaotic in there, it’s tempting – you could be president. That’s big.”

Nonetheless, because the media needs some frenzy-food, we are all in Chris Christie modus today. Even MSNBC:

First Thoughts: The Christie buzz increases

chuckle, chuckle...

First it was the Don. All hail Trump. But then again, maybe not.
Then it was Michele. But then again, maybe not.
Then it was Perry. But then again...

Jan 2007

What are his bad points?
As a NJ resident, I don't think he has done much positive for the state of New Jersey - that he wanted emergency FEMA aid for the state without offset may put him less to the right of Cantor, but that is about it

Even if unemployment has declined slightly nationally, I believe in NJ it has moved a little the other way. I do not think he kept his word on prop. tax rebates and property values suffer somewhat as a result.

The tax cut for the wealthy has resulted in less school funding a larger class size for my daughters elementary school.

He talks of the environment, but is a Koch brothers lackey with similar type policy proposals.

Guess the best part of Christie is that he is so busy traveling around the country lecturing (and fooling) everyone that he is not in NJ very much

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
Great were gonna have the Pizza king Vs the Double Cheese Burger King.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Christie would get my vote. I don't agree on him with everything. But you know the man means what he says.

Plus he's done great for NJ.

Jan 2007
Christie would get my vote. I don't agree on him with everything. But you know the man means what he says.

Plus he's done great for NJ.
Really? I'd be curious to hear what you think specifically he has done that is "great for NJ"?

btw - did you ever find the link that said that all cost overruns for the proposed tunnel would be the NJ's responsibility?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Jan 2007
so not having a government shutdown is Christie's crowning achievement? Has that same lack of a shutdown ever been done in a state other then NJ? or is that common to every other state/governor?

When did you ask me?]
I'd have to look for it, but it was where we were talking about Christie's education dept. errors costing NJ $400 million in additional education funding - I think I also asked something along the lines of if you thought that if Christie had been president and Obama governor of NJ if Christie as president would have taken a conciliatory tone with NJ or more likley pointed his finger and lectured the state to be responsible for their mistakes?

Other then Christie himself saying that NJ would have borne the sole responsibility for cost overruns, I still see no disinterested 3rd party corroboration of that - I am not saying the governor is incorrect - he may well be right - but your attachment doesn't verify that NJ would be responible for all cost overruns