Christian support of Trump problem

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Releasing taxes was a campaign promise? Don’t remember that. Two Conservatives to the court. Fulfilled. Building the wall, in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Read the Goddamn posts. The word used was PROMISES , NOT campaign promises. What the hell is WRONG with you people? Only SOME promises need to be kept???? Have you NO concept of honesty whatsoever???

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
That’s the problem, you have decided religious beliefs is hate and want people of faith fined for not going along with the latest social experiment. Nice try, but the Constitution doesn’t tell us religious exercise should be limited

Religious beliefs have no place in hate. Just the opposite.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
The obvious observation is that many on the Christian Right aren't "Christian." Full Stop.
By declaring myself an astronaut doesn't make it so, ergo, no one should give more weight to my ideas on NASA despite my passionately held belief.

Faith alone doesn't absolve transgressions of dishonesty, hypocrisy, hate, greed, idolatry, & indoctrinated grievances with "enemies" one has never even met.

What Whould Jesus Do...indeed.
Welcome to the boardDairyHeiress!
99A3D358-CD5C-40D8-BECC-6350A4025DDC.jpeg

Nov 2008
Washington state
No, that's not the point. A certain person here claimed that Trump was keeping his promises. It is being pointed out in DH comments that's bullshit he is NOT keeping promises. THAT is the topic, the point.
As usual, you people pretend to be too obtuse to understand what the topic is and trry to steer the conversation to somethjing else entirely.
Trump never promised to release his taxes. If that was a campaign promise ,post it and I will admit I’m wrong

Nov 2008
Washington state
I didn't indicate any importance on his taxes. I was highlighting a glaring broken promise. In contrast, Trump placed massive importance on his returns dozens of times -- before and during his candidacy. He bullied Romney about his taxes until Mitt submitted his. Same with Bernie. Huh. Ipso facto big-takes-backso-Trump lied about his intentions and is a hypocrite for lambasting others over something he wouldn't/won't do himself? A classic Trump Two-fer. Plus he's a dirty rotten welsher for reneging on his own goshdarn "deal." Hey! A trifecta! Woo-hoo! Ahem...Tsk tsk, Naughty, naughty boy.

I made no mention of impeachment, or the hodgepodge of other deflections. We'll leave those for another time in other dedicated threads, okey dokey Smokey?

So...out of the dozen+ broken promises cited (and egads! there's a crapton more) you only protest the taxes? (Which is an indisputable broken promise, sooo...then there's that.)
Fair enough.
I'll put this in the Win column and sidle on my way...
Post Trumps promise to release his taxes with link?

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Post Trumps promise to release his taxes with link?

“I’m under a routine audit and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released."
Subjects: PolitiFact's Top Promises, Taxes

This is just one of numerous sources, for one particular & oft repeated promise over taxes.
For the many others I trust your iPhone Tapatalk has the ability to Google.

To claim Trump never promised voters he would release his taxes is wholesale dishonesty (so, not very "Christian";)).
If you cannot discuss an issue without disingenuously distorting reality then I must bid you good day.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Define hate? Gods design for marriage is one man and one woman.

The Word of God is hate speech and hate thoughts to them. Marriage between a man and woman, don't murder, your pastor should not be a woman. It's all hate speech to the left.