Christian support of Trump problem

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
The word of god is not hate speech. Its your interpretation and how you express it is hate speech.
I interpreted it just fine.

Sex outside of hetero marriage is a sin
don't murder your unborn baby just cause you don't want a baby
And pastors should be men

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Never Trumpers like me have often wondered how Trump could have gained so much support from evangelicals and other Christian right types. Typically they will point out Trump's tax cuts, immigration stances, hardline on GLBT stuff, and of course judge picks on why they can hold their nose and vote for a known liar, cheat, and philanderer. But isn't that contrary to the important principle that the ends do not justify the means? I looked it up to see if I could find a Christian based article discussing it and came up with this one:

What Does the Bible Say About the Ends Justifying the Means

It's also false that they had a choice between Trump and Clinton so they held their nose and voted Trump. They picked Trump over Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, Jim Gilmore, Lindsey Graham, Mike Huckabee, Bobby Jindal, John Kasich, George Pataki, Rand Paul, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio, Rick Santorum, and Scott Walker. They had plenty of choices of less sinful candidates. Trump was only paired up against Clinton because they had already decided they were fine with his sinful nature.

So how can Christians decide that the ends justify the means, when that is not supported by biblical study? Isn't that Christians putting Trump ahead of their faith?
Yes, the fact that evangelicals were able to line up behind Trump in the primary really puts a lie to the excuse that it was about abortion, for example, where pretty much the whole field had the same position (and Trump, having been strongly pro-choice until recently, seemed a lot less reliable than most). It was the hate. Trump reflected back a hatred of "the Other" -- gays, liberated women, foreigners, Muslims, liberals, etc. He did so in a much less veiled way than the rest of the field. And that naked hatred was exhilarating for the religious right. For too long they'd had to deal with the thin gruel of watered-down bigotry, and then Trump came along serving straight shots of the stuff, and they couldn't get enough.