Christian support of Trump problem

Nov 2008
Washington state
The Word of God is hate speech and hate thoughts to them. Marriage between a man and woman, don't murder, your pastor should not be a woman. It's all hate speech to the left.
I just figure they ghave reprobate minds. We are in the season of wrong is right and right is wrong. They have chosen their path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
Washington state
“I’m under a routine audit and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released."
Subjects: PolitiFact's Top Promises, Taxes

This is just one of numerous sources, for one particular & oft repeated promise over taxes.
For the many others I trust your iPhone Tapatalk has the ability to Google.

To claim Trump never promised voters he would release his taxes is wholesale dishonesty (so, not very "Christian";)).
If you cannot discuss an issue without disingenuously distorting reality then I must bid you good day.
Is the audit done?

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
The lack of evidence is irrelevant. This is a common tactic. “Your belief is the same as a unicorn/leprechaun/mermaid/poop monster/insert random fairy tail creature.” Then be surprised that someone may find that insulting. And then pretend that being insulted by that comparison is trivial or irrelevant.

It doesn’t really matter what you identify as. End of day? When take a part of someone’s identity and trivialize it to the point of calling it fairy tales? That’s intentionally insulting.
I think you are being unnecessarily thin-skinned in this instance. There was no intention to mock anyone's belief systems, nor was there the intention to demonstrate the superiority of one belief system over the other. I am attempting to discuss this subject civilly and objectively, and I apologise if you feel that I have insulted you personally by such objective examination.

I am training to earn my living in a peruke (or peri-wig) in Her Majesty's Crown Courts, and am consquently inclined to examine discursive matters purely upon the basis of logic and available evidence. I have no interest in denigrating anyone's belief systems, but cannot accept individual beliefs as either material or circumstantial evidence for the purpose of secular discussion. Your right to your particular beliefs is to be respected, but that right does not extend to those beliefs being universally accepted as proven fact - nor have you the right to being offended, in the event they are not.

I don’t think you understand the issue here. I’m not discussing rights. The OP is confused as to why republican Christians would support Trump. When the alternative is to support a side that has a large segment of the people who consistently mock, belittle, and trivialize religion? What other choice did they have? I don’t fault homosexuals for voting democrat. You shouldn’t fault gun owners for voting republican. Pick an issue. There shouldn’t be any shock as to why a Christian (especially an evangelical) would support a side that supported them on topics of not having to serve based on religious grounds.
My concerns are with logic, not culpability. I am not an American citizen and I have little knowledge of (and even less interest in,) your party politics. TBH, I have no idea why anyone, being of sound mind, would support, let alone elect, such a man as Head of State. However, I am sure that those Americans who did so, have their reasons - I respect their right to that choice, but am simply unable to comprehend it.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Trump never promised to release his taxes. If that was a campaign promise ,post it and I will admit I’m wrong

Trump never promised to release his taxes. If that was a campaign promise ,post it and I will admit I’m wrong

No you won't.