Christian Victory Catalog

Nov 2008
Washington state
Church History Made Before Our Eyes: United Methodists Make History, Affirm Biblical Standards of Sexuality

Church history spans two millennia—2,000 years of recorded experience. The weight of that history is heavy and humbling. Seen in that light, it takes a really big event to rank as historical, even as it happens. Such an event happened within the last seven days.
Despite its basic theological liberalism, the UMC made history this week by upholding a biblical ethic on sexual morality. The General Conference sustained its biblical standards on marriage as an exclusive union between one man and one woman and rejected the LGBTQ revolution. This has never happened before and thus history was made. A mainline Protestant denomination long characterized by theological liberalism defeated the LGBTQ juggernaut and affirmed the biblical vision for marriage and sexuality. This demands our attention.
Church History Made Before Our Eyes: United Methodists Make History, Affirm Biblical Standards of Sexuality

A Victory for the United Methodist Church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I would say the third man in the hierarchy is "pretty high up"!
Until Luther, the Catholic Church WAS Christianity in the west. How long it's been a "den of snakes" is debateable.
True enough, I mean, this process of scraping out the corruption from the church has been going on for well over a year (cases before that were sporadic and more low level)

As for the length of time, agreed, can debate how long it's been evil. Although, it wouldn't be much of a surprise to me if its been that way since the Vatican was first built.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Tebow's Film Makes Top 10: 'Run the Race' a Big Hit at the Box Office

Tim Tebow's first film as a movie producer landed in the top ten films at the box office in its opening weekend.

Released by Roadside Attractions to 853 theaters nationwide, "Run The Race" earned more than $2.2 million and finished at number 10 – even beating out "Green Book," which won the Best Picture Oscar over the weekend at the 91st Academy Awards. "Green Book" finished the weekend at number 11. Tebow's Film Makes Top 10: 'Run the Race' a Big Hit at the Box Office

A Victory for Tim Tebow as a movie producer. Congratulations on being one of the top ten movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
Washington state
Freedom Wins: Ball State to Pay 'Students for Life' in Religious Discrimination Case
In what's being hailed as a religious freedom victory for college students, Ball State University has agreed to pay a pro-life student group more than $12,000 to settle a lawsuit alleging viewpoint discrimination.
Students for Life, represented by Alliance Defending Freedom, sued the school in June after it denied the group $300 in student activity fees because of its pro-life stance. The funds were meant to cover the costs of materials for the group's Pregnant on Campus initiative, aimed at assisting pregnant and parenting students.The ADF complaint noted that the university "distributes the mandatory student fees to many organizations that advocate for political, religious, and ideological views."
"Public universities are supposed to provide a marketplace of ideas, but that market can't function properly if university officials promote some views over others," ADF attorney Caleb Dalton said in a news release.

"Ball State has taken some important first steps in eliminating the most blatantly unconstitutional aspects of their policies and honoring its intent to 'respect and learn from differences in people, ideas and opinions,'" Dalton added, referring to the settlement agreement.

Those steps include paying Students for Life $300, plus the group's attorney fees totaling $12,000.

BSU has also agreed to revise its student activity fees guidelines, which currently prohibit funding for "any organization which engages in activities, advocacy, or speech in order to advance a particular political interest, religion, religious faith, or ideology."

The school is instead looking to replace that policy with one that is viewpoint neutral.Freedom Wins: Ball State to Pay 'Students for Life' in Religious Discrimination Case
this kind of indoctrination has been going on for a very long time. This school was just caught giving preferential treatment to every group but Christians. Thanks to the Alliance Defending Freedom, they won this case for this College Christian group. Religious discrimination should not be tolerated in a society promoting (equality) by a Liberal University or anywhere else for that matter.

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
Since Christians have been winning Court Cases recently, its about time I started a thread celebrating this. The biggest victory was the Masterpiece Bakery case where Jack Phillips won 7-2. Baker who refused to make cake for gay wedding: 'I don't discriminate'
I believe this thread was needed to celebrate the victories of cases in these times of wide spread hostilities that have led to animus even by our government towards religious people if their beliefs don't line up with current social trends. The tides are turning , so feel free to share any victories Christians have won with a link to the case.
You christians have earned the right to be jerks to gay people because bronze-age bible writers believed that gay sex was an abomination.

Nov 2008
Washington state
You christians have earned the right to be jerks to gay people because bronze-age bible writers believed that gay sex was an abomination.
That kind of thinking paid those college kids $12000.00 for religious discrimination. Just because someone is religious doesn't give a college the right to discriminate towards them for not agreeing with the latest Social experiment. They now are changing their policies due to this lawsuit. Maybe you should reconsider changing your attitude, its just going to hurt those that embrace it.

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
That kind of thinking paid those college kids $12000.00 for religious discrimination. Just because someone is religious doesn't give a college the right to discriminate towards them for not agreeing with the latest Social experiment. They now are changing their policies due to this lawsuit. Maybe you should reconsider changing your attitude, its just going to hurt those that embrace it.
I oppose all discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and race. People who discriminate on any of these things, including liberals who do reverse discrimination, and conservatives who discriminate against gays, are all jerks.

Nov 2008
Washington state
I oppose all discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and race. People who discriminate on any of these things, including liberals who do reverse discrimination, and conservatives who discriminate against gays, are all jerks.
the Supreme Court has not addressed the issue yet concerning Religious Rights vs Gay Rights, who gets rights if both want them? Are you selectively supporting some discrimination towards religious groups because you don't like them?

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
the Supreme Court has not addressed the issue yet concerning Religious Rights vs Gay Rights, who gets rights if both want them? Are you selectively supporting some discrimination towards religious groups because you don't like them?
I don't like any discrimination. Whether or not discrimination should be legal is an interesting debate.