Christianity Check

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
You and your source make a lot of logical fallacies.

It is not an opinion to say "My neighbor is a crook." It is an assertion and an allegation and it could be a belief. You believe it is and assert it to be true, but it can be proven right or wrong. Do a background check on the person to see if he or she has a criminal record. Bring criminal charges against him or her. Then you can see if he or she is factually a crook or not. An opinion can't be proven right or wrong. See my example on Robocop and Star Wars.

If makes literally no sense at all to say "Their opinion turned out to be false" because an opinion can't be believed or disbelieved or proven right or wrong at any time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wrong!

Opinions can be proven to be right or wrong. How anyone can believe otherwise shows me a person who is not using common sense.

I have the opinion that it's going to snow today in my home town. If it snows, then my opinion turned out to be true. If it doesn't snow, then the opinion was wrong. Opinions are proven right or wrong based on evidence.

Judges form opinions all of the time and say things like: It is the opinion of this court............

opinion
noun
opin·ion | \ ə-ˈpin-yən \
Definition of opinion

1a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matterWe asked them for their opinions about the new stadium.
b: APPROVAL, ESTEEMI have no great opinion of his work.
2a: belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledgea person of rigid opinions
b: a generally held viewnews programs that shape public opinion
3a: a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expertMy doctor says that I need an operation, but I'm going to get a second opinion.
b: the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is basedThe article discusses the recent Supreme Court opinion.

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
You may want to read those definitions. Read the part that says "less strong than positive knowledge."

Yes, justices give opinions. That doesn't mean they can be proven right or wrong.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
You may want to read those definitions. Read the part that says "less strong than positive knowledge."

Yes, justices give opinions. That doesn't mean they can be proven right or wrong.
When a judges ruling is overturned, it proves they were wrong, if the ruling is based on the law.

Nov 2008
Washington state
How so? He stood in front of a TV camera in plain view of the entire world, and declared that the election was rigged. Anyone who tuned into the debates saw and heard him.
Probably speaking about Hillary. She has a long trail of dead people that were about to testify against her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
Wrong! They are scientists, it's just they disagree with other scientists. There are, for example, scientists today, who don't believe global warming is man made. Their believing doesn't determine whether they are scientists or not.
There may be scientists who hold the Christian faith, but if they are mixing their religious beliefs with their scientific research, they are not using the Scientific Method correctly.

but if we follow your "logic" only those scientists who tell you what you want to hear are correct. Silly thinking.
No, it's the Creationists who think that way. As I explained to you earlier, they make the same circular arguments: We know there is a creator who creates organic life because we have seen what can only be described as creation of organic life by a creator. They assume their conclusion is true in the premises. To research correctly, you must start with nothing, gather data and see what possible conclusions you can draw from that data. In logic, the Creationist method is called a Self-Serving Bias. In logic, a similar error in reasoning is a Texas Sharpshooter fallacy.

Creationist believe that God created the heavens and the earth. This is the Christian view. And, they believe that Christ is the creator of all things, including science.
Yes, they believe God did all that and Christ is the messiah and so forth. They don't know it. A belief is something that's held without evidence.

It is an inarguable fact that Creationism is a religion, not science. The plaintiffs in the court case, Kitzmiller vs. Dover proved this in court when the judge examined the creationist textbook, Of Pandas and People. That "intelligent designer" that the "science teachers" were teaching the Dover public school students about could only be God, and God is a religious, not scientific, concept.

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District - Wikipedia

Keep in mind that evolution is a "theory" and not proven science.
There you go again: You make the same Definist Fallacies where you manipulate definitions of words in order to make your argument stronger. More specifically, you misquote the meaning of the word, theory. In science, a theory is a body of knowledge that explains a set of facts, not beliefs. Gravity is a theory. Do you believe objects fall if you drop them? Jump out of a ten-story window and see if the theory is true or false. Electrical theory is how electricians supply the power to your house and the computer labs we use. Electrical theory says you'll shock yourself if you stick a fork in an electrical outlet. Perhaps you should test the theory by doing just that.

Evolution is a demonstrably-true theory. Go get a liver transplant from a cow, a kidney transplant from a pig or any other transplant from an ape. This is irrefutable proof of common ancestry. The DNA matches all prove this. You mean to tell me population genetics aren't real? Your grandmother is your brothers', sisters' and cousins' common ancestor, right? Your great great grandparents are you and your grandparents' common ancestor, right?

Creationists believe there is a Supreme Being behind the creation of the world and universe. You can disagree with them, but you cannot prove them wrong.
I don't have to prove them wrong. The burden of proof is on the individual making the positive claim, "there is a supreme being behind the creation of the world and universe." Until the creationists prove that, we assume it's false.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
A ruling is not an opinion in the proper use of the term. It's a assertion stating "the laws says X and doesn't say Y."
The results are the same.

What do you think a judge means when he says: It is the opinion of this court..........................Hmn?