Christianity Check

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Crap... dropped the ball yesterday. Had a stay at home day and didn't venture out. Hopefully the parking lots of Christian churches remained full.

Thoughts & prayers

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
I know a few people that pay very little or nothing and some that pay more then double what they used to pay. It was set up to help the poor by making the rich pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The rich can afford it. It's the middle class that is being taken to the cleaners, as usual.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
No I know a wealthy young man married with 3 kids that’s paying double for insurance with Obamacare and his policy is $17,000 deductible per person before the insurance kicks in. Not fair. Canadian insurance is way more fair

There go the goal posts again, and that is irrelevant to my point.

Nov 2008
Washington state
The rich can afford it. It's the middle class that is being taken to the cleaners, as usual.
Not really 2400 a month in Healthcare premiums 17000 deductible per person. A person making six figures can’t afford that unless they live in a shack

Feb 2011
Not really 2400 a month in Healthcare premiums 17000 deductible per person. A person making six figures can’t afford that unless they live in a shack

It depends on how high into the six figures you go. Someone making a hundred grand is just middle class. If they're bringing down 900 grand a year, then they're moderately wealthy, and can afford 2400 a month.

But, they shouldn't have to, It shouldn't cost that much. Nowhere else in the world does health care cost that much.

Nov 2008
Washington state
It depends on how high into the six figures you go. Someone making a hundred grand is just middle class. If they're bringing down 900 grand a year, then they're moderately wealthy, and can afford 2400 a month.

But, they shouldn't have to, It shouldn't cost that much. Nowhere else in the world does health care cost that much.
He’s around $140K . He gave up and his wife works at Starbucks part time and they cover the family. He has his own small business, so he doesn’t get the price breaks a larger corporation gets

Feb 2011
He’s around $140K . He gave up and his wife works at Starbucks part time and they cover the family. He has his own small business, so he doesn’t get the price breaks a larger corporation gets

He's exactly the sort of person I had in mind when I said that the middle class was being taken to the cleaners again.

$140K is a good income, unless you live in San Francisco or Seattle. Still, he's not wealthy, and can't afford to pay that much for health care.

As I said before, no one should have to, but I also know people who are in similar circumstances. We could and should have better system, more fair and more affordable. Maybe if we had a functioning Congress with representatives more concerned with doing what's right for the country instead of the party, but no, that's just wishful thinking.

Nov 2008
Washington state
He's exactly the sort of person I had in mind when I said that the middle class was being taken to the cleaners again.

$140K is a good income, unless you live in San Francisco or Seattle. Still, he's not wealthy, and can't afford to pay that much for health care.

As I said before, no one should have to, but I also know people who are in similar circumstances. We could and should have better system, more fair and more affordable. Maybe if we had a functioning Congress with representatives more concerned with doing what's right for the country instead of the party, but no, that's just wishful thinking.
That’s probably part of the problem, just north of Seattle. Hard to believe $140K is middle income

Feb 2011
That’s probably part of the problem, just north of Seattle. Hard to believe $140K is middle income

Places that have high paying jobs also tend to have a high cost of living, mostly due to housing. Housing costs, like anything else, depend on supply and demand. If there are good jobs, lots of people want to live there, and the cost of housing goes up.

140 grand in Fresno is a good salary, but then, houses are a lot cheaper than in San Francisco.