Christmas display returns after court win

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
West Coast 4 Life
Home owner 1 HOA 0. Moral of the story, don’t be a Scrooge on Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. You should follow that advice year-round, and not just towards the people you think agree with you. Might be a nice change.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
And you think that it is not a display of ego and hubris when the homeowners' association tried to legally prevent him from doing so?

Nobody is buying into your gestapo crap.

He may be an asshole, but the bigger asshole is someone who says what others ought to do with their own property.
I agree 100%. That's why I'd never live a HOA property and sign any agreement with them.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Agreed. You should follow that advice year-round, and not just towards the people you think agree with you. Might be a nice change.
Don’t know if you noticed, but Alliance Defending Freedom is winning court cases for Christians You mocked. You might think twice about mocking those that win their cases and celebrating the victory instead. It was good during the Obama years of shaming Christians, but those days are gone thanks to Trump

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
West Coast 4 Life
Don’t know if you noticed, but Alliance Defending Freedom is winning court cases for Christians You mocked. You might think twice about mocking those that win their cases and celebrating the victory instead. It was good during the Obama years of shaming Christians, but those days are gone thanks to Trump

I'm all for Christians winning cases against those who've wronged them. In fact, I'm for anyone winning cases against those who've wronged them.

But back to the recommendation that you stop being a big ol Scrooge year-round to people you think don't agree with you.

Nov 2006
It is ego and hubris -- if the rules of the hoa is in contravention to a federal law.
We have a historic district in town and if you buy a home there ANYTHING you do on your property must be approved. I have a close friend who put simple pediments above her windows on the front of her house and was forced to take them down. There is no federal law against pediments.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I’d hate to live next to Las Vegas’ mini-me. The bright light, the traffic, the crowd and traffic...why would anyone want to make such a jackass of themselves?

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF

In your opinion, have I slowed down at all in my sentiments toward Xians? Trump must have lost my address or something when he ordered everyone to stop mocking Xians.

Nov 2008
Washington state
In your opinion, have I slowed down at all in my sentiments toward Xians? Trump must have lost my address or something when he ordered everyone to stop mocking Xians.
No you haven’t slowed down, but the courts have found your way isn’t working. The Supreme Court ruling on the Colorado Baker pointed out the Civil Rights Commission was wrong in creating animus towards Phillips because of his religious beliefs. Essentially that attitude helped Phillips case. If you want to help Christians keep it up

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
No you haven’t slowed down, but the courts have found your way isn’t working. The Supreme Court ruling on the Colorado Baker pointed out the Civil Rights Commission was wrong in creating animus towards Phillips because of his religious beliefs. Essentially that attitude helped Phillips case. If you want to help Christians keep it up

I don’t have a “way”. I have opinions. I’m not out to help or hinder anything. I’m just expressing my opinion.