Christmas: It's About Being with God

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
It does not say anything about any people in particular. It specifies what the government may not do. And that includes not forcing religion, or any aspect of it, on people in any fashion. Religious people are not special as a matter of constitutional law.
How about forcing government on religion? Churches that have a particular belief that the government deems improper, such as gay marriage, does the government have a right to force the Church to comply with government policies? Can the government force a Church to allow gays into their Church, even if the position of the Church is that the gay lifestyle is sinful?

Nov 2008
Washington state
How about forcing government on religion? Churches that have a particular belief that the government deems improper, such as gay marriage, does the government have a right to force the Church to comply with government policies? Can the government force a Church to allow gays into their Church, even if the position of the Church is that the gay lifestyle is sinful?
That’s a good question, should look into that. I know there’s been a few cases where people practicing a gay lifestyle were released from their positions. Never heard of the church being sued for discrimination since Government would then be dictating what a church must believe. Separation Clause is protecting the Church

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
That’s a good question, should look into that. I know there’s been a few cases where people practicing a gay lifestyle were released from their positions. Never heard of the church being sued for discrimination since Government would then be dictating what a church must believe. Separation Clause is protecting the Church

Yes, the Church is protected now, but I am not so sure about the future.

Jan 2016
Colorado
It’s impossible to use government to spread a religion that’s my point. The Separation insures religious people will not be intruded on by a Government religion . That doesn’t mean that we strip religious freedoms from people to insure Government won’t start a State religion. That has been the goal of FFRF and other Atheist organizations for awhile
"It's IMPOSSIBLE to use government to spread a religion"?!???

Did you REALLY write that?!??

Have you EVER read a history book?!????

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
No one is doing any such thing, so such a question (or series of questions, really) is entirely hypothetical.

Nov 2008
Washington state
"It's IMPOSSIBLE to use government to spread a religion"?!???

Did you REALLY write that?!??

Have you EVER read a history book?!????
Yes explain where the American Government tried starting a religion. Not an opinion, but facts please . Ian thinks Government is on the verge of a Theocracy every day, so please don’t use him for a link