Church of Christ: a cult?

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Once again you understanding of the Messiah is your flaw in your reasoning. Christ did not come to destroy the law, he came to fulfill the law.

Christ is our sacrifice for our sins,

Do you sacrifice a perfect lamb every year?

if not Why.. if you don't according to jewish law you sins for the past and the following year are not forgiven..
Are you an expert on Judaism? What about Yom Kippur and the day of atonement?

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
Are you an expert on Judaism? What about Yom Kippur and the day of atonement?

No I am not an expert on Judaism, heck I am still learning Gods path for me in my own faith Christanity..

What about them... Yhwh sent me a savior, YHWH allowed himself to become man live among us, Die as payment for our Sins, Rise from the dead as justification of my salvation.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Yes, but the Pharisees have never represented the majority of religious Jews, and they still don't.
Actually, they do. Religious Jews are Orthodox Jews by definition. Some Conservative Jews might fall into that category (e.g., those identifying as "Conservadox"), but Torah observance is what defines "religious Jews."

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Has any Jew kept all of the law?
That is not a meaningful question, as not every law applies to every person. Your question demonstrates you not only do not understand Jewish law, but do not even know what it is.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Christians don't obey Jewish law because they aren't Jewish.
What about the Xians who were born Jewish? They do not stop being Jewish by mere proclamation of faith, since such proclamation is not what determines one is Jewish in the first place.

In any case, your statement does not address the question in context. If the law was not abolished, then why are not people required to follow it?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Not according to Daniel.
According to the Tanakh, which includes Daniel. The moshiach must be a patrilineal descendant of King David through King Solomon, and not through Jeconiah. If he does not have a human father, he is ineligible.
Once again you understanding of the Messiah is your flaw in your reasoning. Christ did not come to destroy the law, he came to fulfill the law.
And that claim does not make sense. Aside from the fact that one of the things the moshiach will do is to increase Torah observance, the law is abolished (or "destroyed") if no one has to follow it any more. You can call that "fulfilled" all you like, but the result is the same - the opposite of what the moshiach will do.
Christ is our sacrifice for our sins.
That does not make sense, since in Judaism there is no human sacrifice.
Do you sacrifice a perfect lamb every year?

if not Why.. if you don't according to jewish law you sins for the past and the following year are not forgiven.
1. "Why not" is because there is no Temple.

2. Plus, it is not a requirement for atonement in any case. Read through the Yom Kippur service (from an Orthodox Machzor) sometime. Teshuvah, Tzedakah and Tefilah (not in any particular order) are the requirements. Your familiarity with Judaism is limited.