City of Houston is Bankrupt (So are California, Oregon, and Pension Plans in General)

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
City of Houston is Bankrupt (So are California, Oregon, and Pension Plans in General)

I told you people, soon hundreds of cities will be bankrupt. Pensions, no matter what you think, are a thing of the past. As the new trend of more unemployment and massive underemployment take hold, the problem gets worse.

Hey, on a good note, the banks are raking in huge profits, as are the multinationals, as demand is gone.

Obamanomics in general fucked us all of our futures.

In 3....2.....? here come Shanty to tell us how good this is, and it is Bush's fault!

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
But wait?! Isn't the stock market supposed to have already collapsed? I don't think we should leave that story until it actually comes true.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
But wait?! Isn't the stock market supposed to have already collapsed? I don't think we should leave that story until it actually comes true.
Oh you're right, I put a time on it. Hey I forgot what that was, can you please show me.....or stop trolling?

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI
Not funny, but when Detroit was trying to get its creditors to go along with the bailout plan they were offering banks 75 cents on the dollar and others that they owe just pennies on the dollar. Where is the fairness in that?

Now I am not a fan of public unions and promises of big pensions just for working for the city but I very much hope they get something out of this, especially with the bankruptcy pan that had been laid out. I hope some judge gives the retirees at least 75% and the banks just pennies. Seems to me the better way to handle that.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Not funny, but when Detroit was trying to get its creditors to go along with the bailout plan they were offering banks 75 cents on the dollar and others that they owe just pennies on the dollar. Where is the fairness in that?

Now I am not a fan of public unions and promises of big pensions just for working for the city but I very much hope they get something out of this, especially with the bankruptcy pan that had been laid out. I hope some judge gives the retirees at least 75% and the banks just pennies. Seems to me the better way to handle that.
Detroit took lots of loans from EU banks. Like they need this.

anonymous

Former Staff
Jun 2008
Passing Through
Who gives a fuck, I'm having a good time on this little piece of America I got going here. Some people just don't get it and they will be the first to go but those of us who are aware and persevere may make to the end. Storm clouds are gathering.

anonymous

Former Staff
Jun 2008
Passing Through
Them EU banks must not be all that bright.

Funny, they used to loan based on creditworthiness. What now? On the belief that they will get bailed out if not repaid?
UH,, Obama has the answer,. He's fixing to sign a new trade deal that will unite the 2 continents. Something about merging banking systems, you know, that new world order shit.