Civil Rights Group Urges Fox to Cancel 'Cops'

Apr 2011
Under your skin
I do not see it as a civil rights issue ..
I am pretty sure that anyone whose face is shown on television signs a release before they are allowed to do so. If it is Ok with the (alleged) criminals who are actually on the show, then it is now anyone else's business to tell them that can't broadcast it.

Reactions: Stefan Bandera

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
I do not see it as a civil rights issue ..
You know one thing I can't fucking stand about cops? Entrapment. It's bullshit. Any time you see some sucker in the paper for solicitation it's because some cop got all whored up and tricked him into trying to buy a blowjob. As if the guys life isn't lame enough as it is, now he's dealing with being in the paper for that. Same for drug "stings", every time I see that I think "if these motherfuckers weren't seeing tail and coke nobody would have been breaking the law". Right? Do you not need a hooker in order to catch a solicitation wrap? No hooker = no soliciting whores. Seems like basic math to me.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
You know one thing I can't fucking stand about cops? Entrapment. It's bullshit. Any time you see some sucker in the paper for solicitation it's because some cop got all whored up and tricked him into trying to buy a blowjob. As if the guys life isn't lame enough as it is, now he's dealing with being in the paper for that. Same for drug "stings", every time I see that I think "if these motherfuckers weren't seeing tail and coke nobody would have been breaking the law". Right? Do you not need a hooker in order to catch a solicitation wrap? No hooker = no soliciting whores. Seems like basic math to me.
So what date/time will they be airing the episode you are in?:smiley_big_grin:

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Hell yea!

I agree with them Civil Rights Groups!

We should not allow Drunks, Druggies, Wife beaters, Prostitutes, Thieves, Drug dealers and murderers to be humiliated in such a manner!

Poor guys.....

Sometimes, when watching COPS, I just cry.....(with laughter!)

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Hell yea!

I agree with them Civil Rights Groups!

We should not allow Drunks, Druggies, Wife beaters, Prostitutes, Thieves, Drug dealers and murderers to be humiliated in such a manner!

Poor guys.....

Sometimes, when watching COPS, I just cry.....(with laughter!)
If you engage in criminal activity, being arrested and/or humiliated is an occupational hazard. Plus it is fucking hilarious!

Nov 2010
Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

No don't cancel the show! Its hilarious!

And I have seen just as many white boys getting busted on this show as I have blacks and hispanics, so I don't see a problem. Unless being stupid and getting caught makes you part of a protected group.
We were at a bar once, and this was on, and there was a car chase. We were joking around about having to drink if the suspect was naked, wearing particular clothes. Well, when the car stopped and the guy ran, he was shirtless with suspenders, we were dying laughing how spot on we were LOL

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
I remember when the COPS were called out to a parking lot, and this semi-muscular dude flagged them over to the perp who tried to rob him.

LOL, apparently, the dude, wasn't too keen on being a victim, so he knocked the perps gun arm to the side, then jacked him in the mouth....

Cops fllashed their flashlights under the dumpster to find the perps teeth. They found the gun on the other side of the fence.

How freakin embarrassing to rob someone with a gun, only to have it knocked away, then have your toofuses busted out....

Plus, the poor guy JUST got out of prison. I can only imagine what all of his buddies thought upon his return.

In another great one, this one in Nashville, a Prostitute actually tried to proposition the Cop, on camera....

LOL!