Civil rights icon Shuttlesworth dies

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

Described in a 1961 CBS documentary as "the man most feared by Southern racists," Shuttlesworth survived bombings, beatings, repeated jailings and other attacks — physical and financial — in his unyielding determination to heal the country's most enduring, divisive and volatile chasm.

"They were trying to blow me into heaven," Shuttlesworth, who spent most of his adult life in Cincinnati, said of those who violently opposed him in Birmingham and throughout the South. "But God wanted me on Earth."

What an incredible life, This warrior of peace led an incredible existence and fought the good fight, may he rest in peace.

Oct 2010
I never heard of him.

Sad, only a select few who are fakers are remembered while good men are forgotten and only remembered when they die.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I never heard of him.

Sad, only a select few who are fakers are remembered while good men are forgotten and only remembered when they die.

It was King, Abernathy, and Shuttlesworth who started the Southern Christian Leadership Conference or something like that, they were the big three in the civil rights movement, we only hear about king, but these men were also at the forefront of the civil rights struggle.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
What an incredible life, This warrior of peace led an incredible existence and fought the good fight, may he rest in peace.

Thx for posting that informative article ..... yes, an incredible existence, for sure!

RIP Rev Shuttlesworth ..... godspeed ....