Class Action Lawsuit against Starkist

Mar 2008
The last place I lost my keys.
[h=1]Welcome to the Hendricks v. StarKist Co. website[/h]If you purchased one or more of the StarKist Products from February 19, 2009 through October 31, 2014, this website informs you of a proposed Class-Action Settlement that you may benefit from.

https://www.tunalawsuit.com/Home.aspx

If you purchased Starkist products list in the suit, you can receive a settlement of $25 cash or $50 worth of tuna.

Reactions: 3 people
Mar 2008
I went with the tuna also, we buy tons of the stuff, usually Starkist. Unless something else is on sale.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
I went with the tuna also, we buy tons of the stuff, usually Starkist. Unless something else is on sale.
I like the different flavored tunas in the pouches.

I would think that Starkist will be handing out a lot of checks or vouchers. Lots of people buy tuna of some kind.

Reactions: 1 person

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
General rule for class action lawsuits - do NOT involved yourself if the suit requires you to send money to anyone. That's a sure sign of a scam. The most you should spend to join any such suit is the price of a stamp or two, if signed papers need to be mailed.

I was a part of two class action suits. One was against IBM in regard to their Deskstar drives. Even though the drives were several years old, the independent dealer who sold them to me was able to provide copies of my receipts, and it scored me about $200 (I had bought two drives).

The other was more of a surprise, since I was automatically added to the class action. It had to do with Nationwide Homeowner Insurance, and the coverage of a particular type of water damage. Out of the blue, I received a check for about $1800, and this was about seven years after the insurance claim.

Reactions: 2 people
Mar 2008
General rule for class action lawsuits - do NOT involved yourself if the suit requires you to send money to anyone. That's a sure sign of a scam. The most you should spend to join any such suit is the price of a stamp or two, if signed papers need to be mailed.

I was a part of two class action suits. One was against IBM in regard to their Deskstar drives. Even though the drives were several years old, the independent dealer who sold them to me was able to provide copies of my receipts, and it scored me about $200 (I had bought two drives).

The other was more of a surprise, since I was automatically added to the class action. It had to do with Nationwide Homeowner Insurance, and the coverage of a particular type of water damage. Out of the blue, I received a check for about $1800, and this was about seven years after the insurance claim.
This seems legit, the local news stations have been discussing it. It does not require any money to make a claim.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
This seems legit, the local news stations have been discussing it. It does not require any money to make a claim.
It's legit - but I'm not clear on how one provides proof of purchase. The website says nothing about receipts.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
It's legit - but I'm not clear on how one provides proof of purchase. The website says nothing about receipts.

Not receipt is required. You just have to promise that you bought one the products listed between 2009 and 2014.