Clueless Gavin Newsom’s lecture to Trump about electric cars, emissions & climate change hits numerous reality snags

Mar 2019
Texas

Gavin Newsom

✔ @GavinNewsom

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1181773196791386112

You have no credibility on this issue. You’re trying to gut our emissions laws. Deny climate change. And wreck our environment by burning the dirtiest possible energy sources.

But yeah, those electric vehicles we’re encouraging car companies to manufacture sure are gas guzzlers! https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1181750525596983296 …

Donald J. Trump

✔ @realDonaldTrump

Gasoline Prices in the State of California are MUCH HIGHER than anywhere else in the Nation ($2.50 vs. $4.50). I guess those very expensive and unsafe cars that they are mandating just aren’t doing the trick! Don’t worry California, relief is on the way. The State doesn’t get it!

10:27 PM - Oct 8, 2019

So this dimwit is talking about electric cars a few hours before 1 million Californians are plunged into darkness because of no electricity, hence, no way to charge those car's batteries, right?

Does he understand how they work?

And all those generators powering homes because of the upcoming power outage will be guzzling plenty of gas for the next two or three days.

Reactions: Jeremy

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

Gavin Newsom
✔ @GavinNewsom

You have no credibility on this issue. You’re trying to gut our emissions laws. Deny climate change. And wreck our environment by burning the dirtiest possible energy sources.

But yeah, those electric vehicles we’re encouraging car companies to manufacture sure are gas guzzlers! https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1181750525596983296 …

Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

Gasoline Prices in the State of California are MUCH HIGHER than anywhere else in the Nation ($2.50 vs. $4.50). I guess those very expensive and unsafe cars that they are mandating just aren’t doing the trick! Don’t worry California, relief is on the way. The State doesn’t get it!

So this dimwit is talking about electric cars a few hours before 1 million Californians are plunged into darkness because of no electricity, hence, no way to charge those car's batteries, right?

And all those generators powering homes because of the upcoming power outage will be guzzling plenty of gas for the next two or three days.

LOL - the gas prices in CA are a bit higher now due to refinery problems. it has nothing to do with electric cars.

Getting enjoyment on how clueless you are are so many things, kind of like your dear leader.

May 2012
By the wall
LOL - the gas prices in CA are a bit higher now due to refinery problems. it has nothing to do with electric cars.

Getting enjoyment on how clueless you are are so many things, kind of like your dear leader.
And that's because your state has closed about 30 of them due to climate change. You had a peak of 55 and now it's at 27 so when one or two shut down you guys get screwed.

This is the green policy people, it comes out of your pocket one way or the other.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
And that's because your state has closed about 30 of them due to climate change. You had a peak of 55 and now it's at 27 so when one or two shut down you guys get screwed.

This is the green policy people, it comes out of your pocket one way or the other.
Well then my suggestion is don't move to CA.

Personally I like clear air.

Reactions: birdzeyez
May 2012
By the wall
Well then my suggestion is don't move to CA.

Personally I like clear air.
I spent over 10 years there and the best thing I ever did was to leave.

When I did leave in the mid 90's is when it started to go downhill so what does that tell you?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I spent over 10 years there and the best thing I ever did was to leave.

When I did leave in the mid 90's is when it started to go downhill so what does that tell you?

Glad to see we have one less kooky person living in the state.

Nov 2014
North Carolina

Gavin Newsom
✔ @GavinNewsom

Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

It's California. What do you expect?

They have the highest poverty and homelessness in the country and they are banning plastic straws as if that should be a priority. That State has turned into the insane asylum of America. It just sucks for the rest of us that it's a border state.

Reactions: MichelleZ
Jul 2014
midwest
Maybe Newsome should worry more about keeping the electricity on in his state.

First things first...

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
It's California. What do you expect?

They have the highest poverty and homelessness in the country and they are banning plastic straws as if that should be a priority. That State has turned into the insane asylum of America. It just sucks for the rest of us that it's a border state.
Banning plastic straws is a priority. The oceans are full of plastic.

California has the 5th largest economy on the planet. It contributes more the US than most red states combined. It’s one of the most desirable places to live in the entire world.

Republican hatred of the Golden State is based more on jealousy than reality

Reactions: HayJenn