CNN’s Chris Cuomo threatens to throw a man down the stairs

Jan 2012
SoCal
It has nothing to do with ethnicity. It's a reference to someone being a dumber, less capable brother. I mean, it's definitely an insult. And the guy who said it shouldn't be accosting Cuomo in public. But it's not a racial slur.
I understand the basis of the insult. Cuomo himself tried to rationalize his own response by declaring it was akin to a racial slur. Did you not watch the video in question?

"Only punk **s bitches from the right call me Fredo," Cuomo said. "Fredo is from 'The Godfather.' He was a weak brother. And they use it as an Italian aspersion. Any of you Italian? It's a f***ing insult to the people. ... It's like the N-word for us."

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
I get that he was out with his family and the guy was acting like a jackass. But equating Fredo with the n word? Come on.

and reacting that way in front of his 9 year old?

I took my son to a devils rangers game once, at msg, I had some drunk really try to pick a fight with me. I thanked him for his opinion turned and walked away..... My son learned that day that "sometimes you have to fight when you are a man"..... this wasn't one of those times.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
Aug 2016
CA
Also may have to do with the fact his daughter was with him. Not a great teaching moment.
Yes it sure looks like his daughter got an earful. I'm sure she learned threatening people is a good thing, especially if you do not like what they say. It's the democratic way.