CNN’s Chris Cuomo threatens to throw a man down the stairs

Jan 2012
SoCal
It has nothing to do with ethnicity. It's a reference to someone being a dumber, less capable brother. I mean, it's definitely an insult. And the guy who said it shouldn't be accosting Cuomo in public. But it's not a racial slur.
I understand the basis of the insult. Cuomo himself tried to rationalize his own response by declaring it was akin to a racial slur. Did you not watch the video in question?

"Only punk **s bitches from the right call me Fredo," Cuomo said. "Fredo is from 'The Godfather.' He was a weak brother. And they use it as an Italian aspersion. Any of you Italian? It's a f***ing insult to the people. ... It's like the N-word for us."

May 2019
midwest
Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
I get that he was out with his family and the guy was acting like a jackass. But equating Fredo with the n word? Come on.

and reacting that way in front of his 9 year old?

I took my son to a devils rangers game once, at msg, I had some drunk really try to pick a fight with me. I thanked him for his opinion turned and walked away..... My son learned that day that "sometimes you have to fight when you are a man"..... this wasn't one of those times.

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
Aug 2016
CA
Also may have to do with the fact his daughter was with him. Not a great teaching moment.
Yes it sure looks like his daughter got an earful. I'm sure she learned threatening people is a good thing, especially if you do not like what they say. It's the democratic way.