CNN Is Getting Worse And Worse

Jan 2016
Colorado
But I don't mean in terms of their news coverage. Or anything like that. I mean, in terms of the amount of ADVERTISING on CNN!

I switch back and forth quite frequently during the day between the Bloomberg Financial Channel and CNN.

And more and more, whenever I switch back to CNN, at just random moments, I land in the middle of a commercial.

The commercials are becoming INTERMINABLE on CNN. I am guessing that the typical half-hour of 'news' on CNN is actually about 80% commercials, because whenever I switch to CNN, there seems to be about an 80% probability of landing in the middle of a commercial, rather than news.

Very tiresome, CNN.

Had to get this off my chest.

May 2019
midwest
But I don't mean in terms of their news coverage. Or anything like that. I mean, in terms of the amount of ADVERTISING on CNN!

I switch back and forth quite frequently during the day between the Bloomberg Financial Channel and CNN.

And more and more, whenever I switch back to CNN, at just random moments, I land in the middle of a commercial.

The commercials are becoming INTERMINABLE on CNN. I am guessing that the typical half-hour of 'news' on CNN is actually about 80% commercials, because whenever I switch to CNN, there seems to be about an 80% probability of landing in the middle of a commercial, rather than news.

Very tiresome, CNN.

Wait for it...the political ads haven't really gone into high gear yet. As I recall, 2016 became the ad news on cable networks.
:cool:

Mar 2019
California

Very tiresome, CNN.

Well ,we finally agree on something besides Music. At least part way.

Jan 2007

Very tiresome, CNN.

Most honest thread ever. Television is so contaminated with ads. What they also do is display messages during shows pimping future shows or telling you what you are watching. What little show there is is trashed with messaging popping up or just staying up. quality is dead. Network pricks have no incentive to clean up their quality. They assume we are all morons and will take their shit. News shows suck the most. 25% of the screen is filled with "just breaking" and giant message banners across the bottom.
THese M-Fer's would go into an art gallery and put bumper stickers on paintings.....to advertise. Find the network Facebook site and tell them what you think.

Jan 2007
Talk radio is contaminated too. Same mindless ads you've already heard 45 times. What a shit job it must be to pimp products.