CNN Poll: Harris climbs in the Democratic race, as enthusiasm starts high for both parties

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
(CNN)An 8-point jump in support for California Sen. Kamala Harris stands out in a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS that shows a field of four in double digits in the race for the Democratic nomination for president.

Former Vice President Joe Biden (28%) and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (20%) continue to hold the top slots in the large Democratic field. Harris now stands at 12% support among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, up from 4% in December, and the latest entrant to the field -- former Texas congressman Beto O'Rourke -- stands at 11%.

Harris's rise comes across the board -- there is no major demographic group in which she lost support since December -- but her gains are more pronounced among Democrats (+10 points) than independents (+5), liberals (+10) more than moderates or conservatives (+7), women (+9) more than men (+6), and racial and ethnic minorities (+10) more than whites (+6).
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics/cnn-poll-2020-harris-surge-deep-enthusiasm/index.html

yeah. yeah. It's way too early for primary polls to be taken seriously. But, it's still fun to watch the trends. Wonder what caused the jump for Harris? She's now in third place against two very formidable opponents. Sanders I wish would just go away. While Biden I'm getting tired of pretending he doesn't know if he's going to run. O'Rourke needs to work on specifics. Maybe then he'll climb in the polls.

Check this out though....

Three-quarters (76%) of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say the party ought to nominate Trump in 2020, a figure that has held roughly steady for the last year. Nearly 8 in 10 say the party has a better chance of winning with Trump at the helm (78%) than with someone else at the top of the ticket (17%). That's a dramatic reversal from primary season in 2015, when a majority of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents thought the party would have a better chance with another candidate leading the ticket
What the hell is going on with Republican's?

Jan 2016
Colorado
I really hope it's her.

I have so many crack whore jokes I've been saving up.
Classy.

Donald Trump truly is leaving an indelible imprint on the Republican Party. You're becoming known as the Party of Pussy Grabbers and Crack Whore Jokes and Russkie Prostitute Golden Showers.

The Grand Old Party ain't what it used to be.

Jun 2015
Hudson Valley
I guess that talk of reparations got Black peoples ear and and has them stoked! Get ready to cut them checks Koala. I mean Kam. She is moving up a few notches on the Presidential scale. Not enough to get her in the top spot and in the corrupt house but, keep up the good work. She does make a lot sense and is a smart lady!

Jul 2011
Tennessee
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics/cnn-poll-2020-harris-surge-deep-enthusiasm/index.html

yeah. yeah. It's way too early for primary polls to be taken seriously. But, it's still fun to watch the trends. Wonder what caused the jump for Harris? She's now in third place against two very formidable opponents. Sanders I wish would just go away. While Biden I'm getting tired of pretending he doesn't know if he's going to run. O'Rourke needs to work on specifics. Maybe then he'll climb in the polls.

Common sense!

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Kind of funny to see the Trump Supporters weigh in on how the Democrat voters are going to vote.

Especially in light of the fact that anything they throw at any of the D nominees - they are going to look like sane people compared to Trump.

Jul 2014
midwest
I guess that talk of reparations got Black peoples ear and and has them stoked! Get ready to cut them checks Koala. I mean Kam. She is moving up a few notches on the Presidential scale. Not enough to get her in the top spot and in the corrupt house but, keep up the good work. She does make a lot sense and is a smart lady!
She's not the only one talking reparations...

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Kind of funny to see the Trump Supporters weigh in on how the Democrat voters are going to vote.

Especially in light of the fact that anything they throw at any of the D nominees - they are going to look like sane people compared to Trump.
it's perfectly understandable. All Trump is offering is four more years of being his doormat. It's been showing since the very first seconds he won the election. Never seen so many miserable winners. Trump has managed to drag the party down into the toilet. I was reading a twitter feed the other day where his supporters we're trashing Meghan McCain. Her father is dead and they didn't care. The things they were saying were some of the sickest you've ever seen on the internet. They've made a bargain with the devil the whole lot of them. Harris isn't going to try to be the liberal version of Trump. Biden either. Sanders is going directly after Trump. Beto is trying to keep it positive too. I feel for those who still believe in Trump. I really do. But, it's like they say. The lord helps those who help themselves.

Reactions: HayJenn
Mar 2019
DE, US

Yes, it is way too early to call. We may have to search the whole country to find a true scoundrel who can take away Trump support, if he's still around., Any ideas?

Last edited:

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
that's not what the polls shows at all.
Harris's rise comes across the board -- there is no major demographic group in which she lost support since December -- but her gains are more pronounced among Democrats (+10 points) than independents (+5), liberals (+10) more than moderates or conservatives (+7), women (+9) more than men (+6), and racial and ethnic minorities (+10) more than whites (+6)
Not sure why you think her support would only increase among black voters because of her support for reparations? The majority of liberals support it.2020 Democrats have started to clash over slavery reparations, but a new poll shows most liberals support the idea