CNN's 'Journalist of the Year' Forced to Resign for Fabricating Stories

Nov 2013
NY
The German magazine Der Spiegel revealed Wednesday that one of its top award-winning journalists fabricated many of his articles, inventing characters, sources, and their quotes “on a grand scale” for many years.

Claas Relotius, a reporter and editor, admitted to fabricating parts of at least 14 stories following the magazine’s internal investigation. The publication said the issue “marks a low point in the 70-year history of Der Spiegel.”

“I am sick and I need to get help.”
— Claas Relotius, former CNN Journalist of the Year

Writer touted by CNN as 'Journalist of the Year' forced to resign for fabricating stories

I suppose this should be expected by normal folks in this era of fake news.

But, I doubt our Low/No Information Leftist who are incapable of seeing the fake news will understand the significance of this story.
Germany ... some folks taking responsibility.

Imagine that would happen in the US.

O
If fabricating stories would be a reason to resign here in the US, Trump would have been forced to do so Jan 22 2017.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
It's funny, CNN approves fake news.

Anything not pre-approved gets the snopes treatment, where its a word by word fact check and any typo makes it false.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Germany ... some folks taking responsibility.

Imagine that would happen in the US.

O
If fabricating stories would be a reason to resign here in the US, Trump would have been forced to do so Jan 22 2017.
I guess you missed all those other Journalist here in the US who have been fired for fabricating stories.

Doesn't surprise me.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
LOL - you think "journalism" is Breitbart.

His work had received awards from CNN, but a CNN spokesperson said, "Relotius was not associated with CNN, he never worked for the company and never had anything published on CNN platforms."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/media/claas-relotius-spiegel/index.html

But yeah, this is not cool at are. And on such a big scale. Luckily this is rare occurrence.
At are?? It seems a few of you were laughing about some of my grammar errors. Payback is a bitch isn't it?

Sep 2016
My own world
Almost ALL reporting from the fake news MSM is 100% false and fabricated.
At least they get fired, Fox promotes the people that fabricate stories and promote empty conspiracy theories.

By the way, when is Flynn getting his guilty plea thrown out and when is Comey getting charged along with other people in the DOJ? LOL. You keep watching the nut jobs on FOX and ignore people with real news info on FOX like Shep Smith and you will keep getting duped over and over again. You have been warned so next time you get burnt we will laugh at you even more than we do now.

Last edited:
Jan 2016
1984, all over again
The MSM today is almost 100% fabricated fake news.

Thanks for posting this, John.

When Kucinich lost the 2008 primary nomination,

I truly thought the Democrat Party rigged the vote,

against Dennis like they did against Bernie Sanders.

Dennis Kucinich was immensely popular w/ Progressives.
..................................................................................

Of course, TV NEWS never covered the 2016 the fact

that the primary was rigged for warmonger Hillary.

Thinking that Obama would be more like Kucinich,

I told everyone to vote for Barack. 6 or 7 wars later:

Afghan, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, re-invading Iraq, Ukraine

I vowed to never vote Democrat Party again ... now they are

the greater evil, worse than Nixon, Reagan, Bush put together.
.......................................................................................................

Young people out there :

don't be tricked by fake "grass roots" politics: identity, gender, race, marijuana, etc.

There are no Liberals left in the Democrat Party, no Progressives, only Corporatist warmongers

and war profiteers ... people and Bush took offense that we personally hated him. We didn't.

It was the wars callous disregard for human life, the Patriot Act, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and the

Reaganite crooks who ran the Deep State, CIA, NSA, (etc.)

Mainstream Media was ultimately centralized controlled by the Deep State, was completed

by Bill, Hillary Clintons Telecom bill, their White House which made all the Radio, TV, Print media

an iron fisted State controlled Big Brother operation, where all independent thought stamped out,

and history erased and re-written, just like Orwells 1984, state controlled protest groups and media ....

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I used to work in the media. There is an online photo of me printing out a headline doing layout w/ an x-acto knife at age 16. A year later, I was scoping out future employment opportunities talking to Neal Shine of the
Detroit Free Press. Later, my article, about Janet Reno at a hearing on nuclear waste disposal was rejected
by the local underground newspaper. TSR Dungeons and Dragons plagarized, stoled (owned by Gary Gygax)
my module, titled " the Tomb of the Lizard King ." My maps, scenario, everything ripped off, no payment.

I wrote this :

John T. Ford is right. There is no free press anymore. It's all fake, controlled, manipulated.
.....................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Jan 2016
1984, all over again
It's funny, CNN approves fake news.

Anything not pre-approved gets the snopes treatment,

where its a word by word fact check and any typo makes it false.

I remember a date I had with my girlfriend at a NASCAR RACE.

It was during the Bush admin., at the start of the Iraq War.

A priest did a prayer before the start of the festivities, everyone ready for the race in a jovial mood. Paraphrasing, the priest who led the prayer first prayed to God, and everyone bowed their heads that no one in the race would be hurt, or be injured.

Then the audience gasped collectively, as the preacher continued in a very solemn voice that was very afraid, "Lord, and we pray for our President George W. Bush, that you guide his leadership in these troubled times, although he may not be the smartest person in the country, we ask that you give him your wisdom."

There was total and complete silence through the aluminum bleachers in this huge raceway. You could hear a pin drop. As the preacher finished up his heartfelt, sincere, prayer - a thunderous applause ROARED thru the entire stadium, as the people there recognized the priest had captured their worries, fears, and hopes for the United States during the beginning of Iraq.

The fear in the air was papable. Many in the audience were brought to tears, including my glassy eyed self, some families who I am certain had family in the service. We were all afraid. But you sure didn't hear it in the press.

:crying: