CNN's 'Journalist of the Year' Forced to Resign for Fabricating Stories

Sep 2014
United States
The German magazine Der Spiegel revealed Wednesday that one of its top award-winning journalists fabricated many of his articles, inventing characters, sources, and their quotes “on a grand scale” for many years.

Claas Relotius, a reporter and editor, admitted to fabricating parts of at least 14 stories following the magazine’s internal investigation. The publication said the issue “marks a low point in the 70-year history of Der Spiegel.”

“I am sick and I need to get help.”
— Claas Relotius, former CNN Journalist of the Year

Writer touted by CNN as 'Journalist of the Year' forced to resign for fabricating stories

I suppose this should be expected by normal folks in this era of fake news.

But, I doubt our Low/No Information Leftist who are incapable of seeing the fake news will understand the significance of this story.
Classic!

A perfect match.

Jan 2016
1984, all over again
Normal thinking Americans KNOW what fake news is ....

The thing is John, I'm not sure Americans know what REAL NEWS is anymore.

Especially the young people, millenials and younger generation, I don't think they do.

They're too distracted with Democrat / Progressive astroturf AGITPROP, Celeb Twitter rants, and Video Games.

Hey kids - Celeb Twitter rants, even if they are about politics or news, aren't REALLY news.

REAL NEWS is like:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Some of the service men and women are on their 3rd tour of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. These wars seemingly go on forever, putting a great deal of strain on service men and women and their families."

My classmate from Michigan, Shelia Arney is serving her 3rd tour of duty in Iraq for instance, she has 3 children.
And one of her kids has a very debilitating form of scoliosis for which the child underwent surgery for. I hope she made it home safe to my old neighborhood.

Let's hope they all come back safe.

:injured:

Last edited:
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The thing is John, I'm not sure Americans know what REAL NEWS is anymore.

Especially the young people, millenials and younger generation, I don't think they do.

They're too distracted with Democrat / Progressive astroturf AGITPROP, Celeb Twitter rants, and Video Games.

Hey kids - Celeb Twitter rants, even if they are about politics or news, aren't REALLY news.

REAL NEWS is like:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Some of the service men and women are on their 3rd tour of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. These wars seemingly go on forever, putting a great deal of strain on service men and women and their families."

My classmate from Michigan, Shelia Arney is serving her 3rd tour of duty in Iraq for instance, she has 3 children.
And one of her kids has a very debilitating form of scoliosis for which the child underwent surgery for. I hope she made it home safe to my old neighborhood.

Let's hope they all come back safe.

:injured:

I think it may be a stretch to consider most of them normal thinking, wouldn't you say?