Coauthor for Art of Deal said he knew Trump's tax fraud/money laundering would be larger than Russian collusion: "I knew it was bad."

Jul 2015
Florida
Trump’s ‘Art of the Deal’ co-author predicted tax fraud would be larger than Russian collusion: ‘I knew it was bad’

SARAH K. BURRIS
02 OCT 2018 AT 18:48 ET

Tony Schwartz co-wrote the 1987 book 'The Art of the Deal' with Donald Trump

Art of the Deal co-author Tony Schwartz had a major “I told you so” moment on MSNBC today after the bombshell New York Times report about President Donald Trump’s taxes.

In a conversation with MSNBC host Ari Melber, Schwartz said that he knew that the business dealings and tax evasion would ultimately be Trump’s undoing.

“Since 2016, I’ve felt and I’ve said on your show that there will come a moment where tax fraud and money laundering will be Donald Trump’s biggest problem, even bigger than collusion and conspiracy,” Schwarts said. “And that has come true now. The second thing is that it goes far beyond even when I thought had happened.”

He went on to say, “I knew it was bad, but I didn’t believe.” He then stopped himself, floored by the enormity of “a man who took hundreds of millions of dollars or fraudulently took hundreds of millions of dollars.”

Trump's 'Art of the Deal' co-author predicted tax fraud would be larger than Russian collusion: 'I knew it was bad'

Sep 2012
California
From what I have read, the Trump family basically laundered money from old man to his kids by inflating bills. I cannot wait for the NY AG to get going on this one, should be hilarious.