Colbert jokes about an actual and worrisome power that Trump will inherit...

Jun 2013
VA

Snikitz

Former Staff
Mar 2011
Split between Minnesota and New Orleans
the ability of a President to send out UNBLOCKABLE text messages to mobile phones.

Colbert fears Trump?s unblockable texts: ?Only person I trust less with that is Anthony Weiner?

As Colbert notes, we could literally be forced to endure what Trump thinks of the "Hamilton" cast or whatever "outrage" has gotten under his thin skin that week....and not be able to block him.

It's like how the Oceanians couldn't "turn off the telescreens"
Is this really all you have to bitch about today?

Jun 2013
VA
Is this really all you have to bitch about today?
No, Snikitz....let's talk about Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama for the next 4 years like you will. :)

BTW, it wouldn't be a concern with any President who had the ability to restrain himself on social media....or had emotional maturity beyond the age of 13.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
I wouldn't either....except for Trump's MASSIVE HISTORY....of being unable to restrain himself on Twitter and social media.
Oh, well, if you follow him on Twitter, I figure you will hear a lot from him.

(He REALLY needs to hand that off to someone.)

But, the only "forced" messages and texts we will see, are the Amber Alerts, Emergencies, etc.

(It will be interesting, if some Totalitarian nations do not make such use of the social media, for propaganda purposes. But, if it is overdone, it loses potency....)

Jun 2013
VA
Oh, well, if you follow him on Twitter, I figure you will hear a lot from him.

(He REALLY needs to hand that off to someone.)

But, the only "forced" messages and texts we will see, are the Amber Alerts, Emergencies, etc.

(It will be interesting, if some Totalitarian nations do not make such use of the social media, for propaganda purposes. But, if it is overdone, it loses potency....)

Except it's not what they're talking about, Rors.....it's the power of the President to send out UNBLOCKABLE text messages to mobile phones.

WILL Trump abuse it? 50-50, maybe 60-40....no. But it's not impossible.