'Collapse of a city that's lost control'

Dec 2018
Florida
Pictures from downtown LA capture the problem it faces with trash as it tries and rodents | Daily Mail Online

Absolutely inexcusable. With the amount of taxes that this state confiscates from its citizens, this is simply inexcusable. How does a city that was once a great place to go to turn into a third world shithole?
Was it ever a great place? To be fair they suffer a similar problem to Florida...good weather and being at the end of major interstates. And that sucks.

Reactions: GoaTlOver
May 2013
N Oregon Coast
It's funny how often right-wingers use foreign propaganda to shit on America, don't you think? When it's not sewer-dwelling British tabloids like the Daily Mail, it's taking their marching orders from Putin by way of RT.
It's particularly funny how when normal folk point out the absurdity of sites like Gateway Pundit, Infowars and Daily Mail - The response is often something like - "Well, you guys have HuffPo and Politico" (as if they were even remotely comparable ;-)

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Was it ever a great place? To be fair they suffer a similar problem to Florida...good weather and being at the end of major interstates. And that sucks.
Would I want to live in LA? No - but there remain a lot of GREAT areas in coastal Callie.

Coastal Californians would truly appreciate it if you didn't move there.

You'd hate it. ;)

Sep 2013
On a hill
The population of california, when i was growing up, was about 25% of what it is now. We had a world class public school system, and tuition free higher education for all who qualified, and wanted it.

Dec 2018
Florida
Would I want to live in LA? No - but there remain a lot of GREAT areas in coastal Callie.

Coastal Californians would truly appreciate it if you didn't move there.

You'd hate it. ;)
Don’t worry. The people there are in no danger of me moving to a place with higher taxes. If I wanted to pay higher taxes for beach front property, I would move to south Florida. I like it here where I can get sweet tea and cheese grits with my seafood.

Reactions: BoiseBo
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
TE]
It's funny how often right-wingers use foreign propaganda to shit on America, don't you think? When it's not sewer-dwelling British tabloids like the Daily Mail, it's taking their marching orders from Putin by way of RT.
Sounds like they are being traitors to me.

Reactions: labrea
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Don’t worry. The people there are in no danger of me moving to a place with higher taxes. If I wanted to pay higher taxes for beach front property, I would move to south Florida. I like it here where I can get sweet tea and cheese grits with my seafood.
While you evacuate three times a years from hurricanes.

Reactions: labrea
Jan 2014
California
Really you think grover norquist is a liberal?

Republicans have done so much damage to the state that even famously conservative Orange county is turning blue.
Ms. Labrea,

I think Grover Norquist lives in Virginia.

And Republicans haven't been in control of California since about 2000.

Sorry to ruin your premise with facts.