'Collapse of a city that's lost control'

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
It's particularly funny how when normal folk point out the absurdity of sites like Gateway Pundit, Infowars and Daily Mail - The response is often something like - "Well, you guys have HuffPo and Politico" (as if they were even remotely comparable ;-)
I've always found the false equivalence between MSNBC and Fox News to be particularly ridiculous. MSNBC may have a bit of a liberal tilt, but they regularly give soap boxes to conservatives -- including a three-hour block every day to a former firebrands Republican Congress member. And they have a track record of being tough on liberals -- for example, Phil Donahue had their highest-rated show at the time he was canceled for being too skeptical of Bush's war on Iraq. They're run by a big, for-profit corporation, and that gives them the usual right-tilting prejudices of a corporate product, which are counterbalanced against the left-tilting prejudices from their angling for the liberal audience niche. Fox News is a whole different story. They're owned privately, and run for right-wing political purposes... until recently by a professional Republican operative. They have no space for effective liberal shows.... at best, they host a few "Alan Colmes-type" lefties whose job is to come across as either hysterical or emasculated, to make the conservatives look better.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Mr. Over,

You can change the name for LA to San Francisco, Sacramento, Portland, or Seattle. If it weren't for the landmarks, it would look exactly like where I live, Oakland.
Sacramento is the center of the California Bible belt. Lots of those mega churches that cons love to frequent.

Reactions: labrea
Dec 2018
Florida
The population of california, when i was growing up, was about 25% of what it is now. We had a world class public school system, and tuition free higher education for all who qualified, and wanted it.
Was talking about Los Angeles. Were you? Or California in general?

Relative to other places...most LARGE cities are not all that nice. More problems. But then...I’m not a people person and I hate traffic lol.

Nov 2018
Maryland
It's funny how often right-wingers use foreign propaganda to shit on America, don't you think? When it's not sewer-dwelling British tabloids like the Daily Mail, it's taking their marching orders from Putin by way of RT.
It looks like the left doesn't want to be outed for the way they run their cities. It's not propaganda. It's just showing the reality that the left refuses to address. And, the same leaders of these cities seem to want to attract more people from across the border, only to add to the problem. That's insanity!!

And, what does Putin have to do with the way the left runs cities into the ground?

Also, nobody on the right is trashing America. They are calling out leftists for being unable to help those they claim to want to help.

Reactions: GoaTlOver
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
It's their first amendment right to echo anti-American propaganda on behalf of foreign powers, that way. But it's important that we call attention to what they're doing.
I have no problem with the echoing, its doing it to be subversive that I call attention to.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Reactions: SguareKnot
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
It looks like the left doesn't want to be outed for the way they run their cities. It's not propaganda. It's just showing the reality that the left refuses to address. And, the same leaders of these cities seem to want to attract more people from across the border, only to add to the problem. That's insanity!!

And, what does Putin have to do with the way the left runs cities into the ground?

Also, nobody on the right is trashing America. They are calling out leftists for being unable to help those they claim to want to help.
All those cities you hate have had GOP and Dems as mayors. Big ag which voted Trump is the biggest user of migrant labor in California.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Ms. Panzretta,

Sacramento is the center of the liberal leftish government that totally controls the state.
Mr Knoetze,

If you hate it there so much, why not move somewhere like Wyoming or North Dakota?

*Anywhere but Boise ;)