Comedian Shuts Down Heckler Cop After Joke About Police Violence

May 2012
By the wall
He is not a very good comedian.

You don't confront hecklers like that, the good comedians know how to play it off. He spends like 5 minutes on this subject.

I have seen good comedians shut down hecklers in like 20 seconds.

Apr 2014
Maryland

You don't confront hecklers like that, the good comedians know how to play it off. He spends like 5 minutes on this subject.

Why should he? He got more material and he was really good at ad libbing

Reactions: 2 people

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious

Different comedians and different styles. Comedians who are not good at improvising are usually the most uncomfortable with hecklers. They usually just have one or two stock comebacks and then get back on script. Sometimes this works well. Others can turn a heckler into an amped up part of their routine and impress by going off-the-cuff for an extended period of time. Robin Williams was a master at that. Neither way is wrong... just different. The only way to do it wrong is to do it in a way that doesn't entertain the rest of the audience.

Reactions: 2 people

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Oh well.

Guess this Comedian doesn't want Police Officers at his shows.

No biggie. Who needs an audience?

Nov 2015
Cyberia
Different comedians and different styles. Comedians who are not good at improvising are usually the most uncomfortable with hecklers. They usually just have one or two stock comebacks and then get back on script. Sometimes this works well. Others can turn a heckler into an amped up part of their routine and impress by going off-the-cuff for an extended period of time. Robin Williams was a master at that. Neither way is wrong... just different. The only way to do it wrong is to do it in a way that doesn't entertain the rest of the audience.
You used to make me laugh before your threads were closed.

Reactions: 1 person