Comey to testify in front on Congress JUN 8--if not blocked by Trump!!!

Jul 2015
Florida
Hey folks, pay very close attention. If this happens get your walking shoes ready and pack a bag! Another march on DC will be organized. Take it to the bank...

Comey Expected to Testify Before Senate, if He Isn’t Blocked

By MATT APUZZO and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDTMAY 31, 2017
Continue reading the main story

Photo

The former F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing last year.CreditDrew Angerer for The New York Times

Senators expect the former F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to testify next week about his conversations with President Trump, congressional officials said on Wednesday, setting up a test of the White House’s willingness to cooperate with investigations into Mr. Trump’s associates. Putting the highly anticipated hearing on the calendar would force Mr. Trump to decide whether to invoke executive privilege and try to prevent Mr. Comey from testifying.

Mr. Comey is expected to be asked about several conversations he had with the president, including one in which he says Mr. Trump encouraged him to stop investigating his former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn.

Courts have recognized a president’s constitutional right to keep his discussions a secret in most instances. A White House spokeswoman had no comment on whether Mr. Trump planned to try to block Mr. Comey’s testimony. It is a delicate decision with political and legal consequences...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/us/politics/james-comey-testify-trump-russia-fbi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Jun 2013
VA
EASY Prediction-

During...not even after Comey finishes his testimony....

Trump will go on a Twitter Tantrum rage......and his Tweets?

Will do as much or even more damage to him than Comey's testimony. :)

Jul 2013
Ohio
Comey owes America and the intel community BIG TIME....for frickin' up the election.

Here's hoping Comey's testimony at least locks down the
obstruction of justice charge against Trump. We can wait
on the other charges.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Well if he is blocked by Trump then the question is WHY? Is there something to hide that Trump doesn't want revealed? Sure would appear so if he is blocked.

May 2012
By the wall
Comey owes America and the intel community BIG TIME....for frickin' up the election.

Here's hoping Comey's testimony at least locks down the
obstruction of justice charge against Trump. We can wait
on the other charges.
Oh jesus, like that was the only reason Hillary lost.

Her not campaigning had nothing to do with it, her apparent illness had nothing to do with it.........this was the only thing that lost her the election.

The liberal thought process astounds me sometimes.

May 2012
By the wall
Well if he is blocked by Trump then the question is WHY? Is there something to hide that Trump doesn't want revealed? Sure would appear so if he is blocked.
Well duh, that's kind of the point of blocking it.

Maybe they were talking about hookers or something.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Oh jesus, like that was the only reason Hillary lost.

Her not campaigning had nothing to do with it, her apparent illness had nothing to do with it.........this was the only thing that lost her the election.

The liberal thought process astounds me sometimes.
So you are looking forward to Comey testifying...amirite?

May 2012
By the wall
So you are looking forward to Comey testifying...amirite?
Sure, why not.

Not like it affects me at all.

Should be rather boring, all he has to say is "nope, trump didn't tell me to do anything". Then that's the end of it.

Or he could say, "yep trump told me to do it" and then trump will deny it and it will be the end of it also.

Not sure what you guys are hoping to get here. That both comey and trump confess to it?

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
Trump apparently can stop Comey from testifying at a Congressional hearing. But tell the ferriner who doesn't know that much about your civics, would he be free to talk to a reporter as a private citizen about things not covered by a confidentiality rating?

I believe all senior federal bureaucrats in Canada are under a confidentiality agreement that lasts many years after employment ends, thus most bad stuff is leaked by "unnamed sources" and such. Is that true in the US?

Jul 2011
Tennessee
The NYT makes a false narrative that the president would/could block comey's testimony.

This was never talked about weeks ago when comey was invited to testify by Congress.