Computer Heads-Up!

What Windows Operating System Do You Have?

• Total voters
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Three Reasons You Shouldn’t Pay for Windows 7 Updates
Support for Windows 7 will come to an end in January 2020

"Support for Windows 7 will come to an end in January 2020, which means that after this date, no other security patches would be provided to devices that will still be running this OS version."
"This obviously means devices will be exposed to major security risks, pretty much because any vulnerability discovered in the OS would just stay unpatched."

"Plus, there are other ways to fix possible vulnerabilities, including micro patches from 0patch. The company says it will continue to roll out Windows 7 updates as long as it makes sense from a business perspective, so you could eventually find more affordable ways to stay secure."

###################################################################
WINDOWS 7 USERS: Information!

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Greetings ALL!

I am introducing my new pinned thread entitled "Computer Heads-up!" that is designed to relay important information concerning the computer world. Such information will include computer threats, ransomware news, malware, viruses, software, security, legislation that could have an impact upon your rights to use your computer as well as other items.

All are most welcome to share in this thread with your knowledge of computers and/or your questions about computers and impending/imminent threats, etc. We all need to keep informed so that we can all be given a "heads-up" as to what may be happening that could affect one of our most treasured possessions -- our computers, laptops and tablets.

New Worm Uses Seven NSA Tools, Five More than WannaCry
By Gabriela Vatu

lol at the sensationalist IT articles. Love em.

https://support.solarwindsmsp.com/k...17-010-in-installed-Wannacry-Ransomware-patch

Just keep your shit up to date and this "damage beyond all imagination" doomsday scenario becomes less likely that predicted.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I've been told apple has little to no problems with viruses. Is this true because I'm sick of them.
I was told the same thing by my Computer expert:) My Son and Grandson.

iCloud starts charging for back up, so I was told by another computer expert to ignore them. Put pictures on Google back up.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
woot... MS Windows™ Waltz!

I think thats WinXP so it's been awhile but some of the sounds are still familiar to me.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Windows 7 Users Need to Install These Updates to Get Future Security Patches
Updates adding SHA-2 support in Windows 7 Service Pack 1
By Bogdan Popa

"This month’s Patch Tuesday rollout for Windows 7 brought new updates that enable support for SHA-2 code signing. These updates need to be installed before July 16, 2019, on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 for additional updates after this date."
"The updates adding SHA-2 support are KB4474419, KB4490628, and KB4484071, and all must be installed before the said deadline."
"These updates are pushed via Windows Update to all Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 devices as part of the Patch Tuesday cycle, and blocking them would prevent systems from getting other security fixes beginning with July."

##################################################################################
Windows 7 users need to read the notice for information.

Nov 2018
unknown
fenrir said:

I've been told apple has little to no problems with viruses. Is this true because I'm sick of them.
I was told the same thing by my Computer expert:) My Son and Grandson.

iCloud starts charging for back up, so I was told by another computer expert to ignore them. Put pictures on Google back up.

no reason to go over to apples dreadful overpriced over controlling shit. You never own or control an apple device, you just pay apple a vast wodge of money every couple of years to borrow it. And if you dont they begin choking and throttling your device down untill it becoem unusable. Wouldnt touch Apple with a barge pole. I evaluated Apple twice i nmy professional career, both times it was rejected as unsuitable for a networking device.

If you want an alternative to Windows, load Android onto your PC, or one of the variations, like Linux, Ubuntu etc.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Microsoft Announces Major Change for Windows 7 Monthly Updates
PciClearStaleCache.exe no longer included in rollups
By Bogdan Popa

"Microsoft has announced a new change for the way Windows 7 devices receive monthly updates, as the company pulls the PciClearStaleCache.exe component from the rollups."
"Instead, what Windows 7 users and system admins need to do is install the updates released between April 2018 and March 2019, which included the aforementioned components as part of every update cycle."

##########################################################################
This is a heads-up for WINDOWS 7 users. Good information for those using that operating system.