Conservative claims Tammy Duckworth will "weaphonize that baby" on the SEN floor

Jul 2015
Florida
Really? Weaponize? This coming from REPUBLICANS who have weaponized 'babies', even ZYGOTES, for 3 decades--from the Senate floor? Nursing mothers are 'weapons' now? Are they afraid she'll pull her tit out and rapacious licentious Senators might get turned on? Perhaps she shouldn't roll in a wheelchair either. She could easily weaponize that--literally and figuratively. .

Read the blowback from Twitter. Some are hilarious. I'd post some but I've been 'infractioned' for using too many paragraphs from articles.

A Conservative Claimed Tammy Duckworth Will 'Weaponize' Her Newborn—The Twitter Response Was Epic

The internet got creative with this one.

By Tom Boggioni / Raw Story
April 19, 2018, 10:54 AM GMT

Photo Credit: Associated Press

A day after it was reported that Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) would be allowed to bring her newborn daughter Maile Pearl Bowlsbey onto the Senate floor if necessary, a conservative pundit for Turning Point USA lamented the impact that baby could have on future legislation that might affect children and mothers.

After there were complaints about how having a nursing newborn among the mostly male Senate might affect the political body’s “decorum,” Richard Armande Mills took to Twitter to express misgivings. I agree with their statements on "decorum".

Not because I have a problem with babies at the workplace, but because I have issues with
Duckworth potentially being able to weaponize that baby
to affect legislative decision making.
And I could see her doing that,”
Mills tweeted.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/conservative-claimed-tammy-duckworth-will-weaponize-her-newborn-twitter-response

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
I would expect nothing less from conservatives.

Sen Duckworth has broken so many...firsts. Conservatives see the future and they are not part of it.

The Senate had to re-write rules to allow a child on the Senate floor. 230 fucking years. Yeah conservatives...I'd be worried too.

Jul 2015
Florida

Sen Duckworth has broken so many...firsts. Conservatives see the future and they are not part of it.

The Senate had to re-write rules to allow a child on the Senate floor. 230 fucking years. Yeah conservatives...I'd be worried too.
Did you see the little 'jacket' she bought for her 'weapon'? Everyone has to wear a jacket on the Senate floor. So just in case, she bought a small knitted 'jacket' for the baby to wear in case McConnell insist.

I will say one thing for damn sure! We are a damn sight smarter when it comes to IRONY and HUMOR! Even a lady without her legs who has just given birth gets the humor, the absurdity and the PRIORITIES of it all!

GO TAMMY!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2007
Wisconsin

These aren’t conservatives, fiscally or socially. They are just fucking nuts.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2007
Wisconsin
Did you see the little 'jacket' she bought for her 'weapon'? Everyone has to wear a jacket on the Senate floor. So just in case, she bought a small knitted 'jacket' for the baby to wear in case McConnell insist.

I will say one thing for damn sure! We are a damn sight smarter when it comes to IRONY and HUMOR! Even a lady without her legs who has just given birth gets the humor, the absurdity and the PRIORITIES of it all!

GO TAMMY!

She’s a fighter who scares the bigots and their thinking.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri

They approved it unanimously.

Given that Duckworth is the first sitting Senator to give birth while serving, it sort of makes sense they changed the rules now.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2015
Florida
Doesn't it amaze you at the LENGTHS of their VAPID attacks and pettiness? If we LIBERALS are as despicable, dishonest, murderers, terrorists and morally reprehensible as they say, then why throw out the bullshit?

Last edited:

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Never heard of "Richard Armande Mills." I looked him up on Twitter -- has a lot of followers and claims to have a byline a couple places but I've never run across him. He may well be A conservative, but he doesn't speak for ALL conservatives and he doesn't speak for me.

I think it's great that Duckworth has a new baby and I think it's great they amended the Senate Rules to allow the baby on the floor.