Conservative sage George Will: Purge Trump now, or lose the election

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
  • It is perhaps quixotic to try to distract Trump’s supporters with facts, which their leader considers beneath him.
With that commences one of the best dressings-down of the condition of the Republican primary and Trump's terrible effect on it that I've seen from a right-leaning perspective.

There's not much more I can say on top of this, just read it.

Aug 2015
Outremer (Taiwan)
The American electorate might be developing a mind of its own. Everyone who's anyone has bashed Trump and he's still going strong. Almost everyone who's anyone has bashed Hillary, whom polls indicate that almost no one trusts or likes, she is still going strong too out of what is probably a sense of political expediency. The internet might even be changing the character of democracy.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
I am not a Trump fan, but I am also not a George Will fan. George Will is exactly what is wrong with the GOP. He's an establishment hack.

Reactions: 1 person

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
The American electorate might be developing a mind of its own. Everyone who's anyone has bashed Trump and he's still going strong. Almost everyone who's anyone has bashed Hillary, whom polls indicate that almost no one trusts or likes, she is still going strong too out of what is probably a sense of political expediency. The internet might even be changing the character of democracy.
Hillary has stumbled tremendously in the last month. I still don't believe Sanders can beat her outright — Democratic donors will give Hillary whatever she needs to keep that from happening — but there is no question that Sanders has made this thing a race when previously she was heir apparent, beyond question. That in and of itself is good for democracy.

Apr 2012
The New America
"That in and of itself is good for democracy..." Such horseshit... Democrats could give a fuck less about Democracy... Lol...

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
"That in and of itself is good for democracy..." Such horseshit... Democrats could give a fuck less about Democracy... Lol...
I'm an independent registered Republican to participate in primaries, I do not intend to vote for Hillary, and I usually end up dividing my ballot by different fractions given that local politics are dominated by the GOP.

But that's OK, continue to talk out of your ass like usual.

Jun 2013
VA
Sorry, George.....you and the RNC built Trump in your lab, with 40 years of "Southern Strategy". Now he's running amok terrorizing the villagers.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Sorry, George.....you and the RNC built Trump in your lab, with 40 years of "Southern Strategy". Now he's running amok terrorizing the villagers.
Been thinking a lot about it and have had some serious disagreements in real life about the direction of the party and now I am thinking this is a necessary thing for the GOP. Many of them have their heads so far up their asses that they have been blind to all the damage that has been done to the party over time. Maybe Trump is the thing that will wake them up. A sort of having to live with what they created kind of thing. Maybe its a positive.