Construct your theory in the Zimmerman Martin case

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
(and if you know how to copy the map to this thread that would be great)
Here you go:

<---7/11 is that way---<<

If that map is accurate, Zimmerman's story doesn't check out. If the altercation occurred along the alleyway, I don't see how it could be the result of Martin's attacking Zimmerman after Zimmerman had broken off his pursuit.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Not exactly what I was hoping for, but thanks.

I'd like to know if Zimmerman's story checks out, just from the physical set up of the property, the sight lines, etc. Where was Zimmerman's truck for example? It appears that at least one witness was coached by police. And Zimmerman's story sounds like it was composed with the 'stand your ground' law in mind. Could all be perfectly legit (if we believe that this teenager would confront a grown man who had been following him but broke off pursuit), but I'd like to see the physical evidence. Photos of the spot where Zimmerman says the fight took place....stuff like that.
Seems like, after talking to Zimmerman's dad, the ex Judge, the police were too busy trying to find dirt on Trayvon Martin to objectively gather the proper evidence. That's one reason they didn't want to release the video. It shows them handling him, without gloves, with his jacket still on -that's likely to have evidence, etc. Plus, I heard one legal experts on the news says that Zimmerman was actually arrested, since he was handcuffed and taken to the station. The cops say that he was merely detained. But he was held. If they questioned him, they had to read him his rights I would think. So, if he wasn't arrested at that point, or thereafter, the question becomes - what happened to convince the cops to let him go? Was it a call from his dad to the State prosecutor, did they think he was too cute to be in jail...what happened? What did they learn at the station, that they didn't already know from talking to him on the scene?

Jul 2006
Where Northern Exposure meets the Village People
Here you go:

<---7/11 is that way---<<

If that map is accurate, Zimmerman's story doesn't check out. If the altercation occurred along the alleyway, I don't see how it could be the result of Martin's attacking Zimmerman after Zimmerman had broken off his pursuit.
I completely agree.

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
I saw a map last night that i can't find now but it showed were the store was in relation to this map and it is a pretty good distance. Trayvon managed to walk all that way without robbing one house or harassing anybody.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I saw a map last night that i can't find now but it showed were the store was in relation to this map and it is a pretty good distance. Trayvon managed to walk all that way without robbing one house or harassing anybody.
Maybe he stopped to smoke a joint. Yeah, that's it...he was obviously too busy smoking weed to rob any houses.

Jan 2012
Maybe he stopped to smoke a joint. Yeah, that's it...he was obviously too busy smoking weed to rob any houses.
I think he might have smoked a joint, and told his dad that he was merely going down to the 7-Eleven as a cover story, but he probably would have smoked the joint before he got the skittles.

Last edited:
Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
And your theory as to why a 17 year old kid armed only with a bag of candy and a drink with zero history of acting violent towards anybody would turn and walk towards a man he was trying to get away from? Who BTW has a long sorted history of violent acts.

[MENTION=438]justoneman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=438]justoneman[/MENTION] having problems forming a theory on this?

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
In that scenario the assumed path of Zimmerman just doesn't jibe with Martin's girlfriend's account of what she heard on the phone. She heard Martin accost Zimmerman, yelling "why are you following me". If they were heading towards each other on the sidewalk why would Martin yell "why are you following me?" That simply wouldn't make any sense.
Also, in Zimmerman's call to police he said he was following Martin.

The more likely path of Z is that he followed M around the corner.
yes, probably.

----

Anyhooo this is the latest analysis from the bcclist guy..

Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Crime Scene Map Analyzed « Bcc:List.com

GZ 911 audio if you want to compare it with the map notations above..
[video=youtube;KgR7gCxXQYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgR7gCxXQYg&amp;feature=colike[/video]

Zimmerman doesnt seem to be breathing heavy during that whole call.. shouldnt he be if he was running?

Last edited: