Consumer Confidence Has FALLEN Since Donald Trump Took Office

Jan 2016
Colorado
No.It was triggered by an incompetent America hating President. God Himself saved us by giving us a True Blue American in Donald J. Trump.
Another idiotic meme. If Obama 'hated America', then why in the HELL did he LET the stock market more than TRIPLE on his watch, greatly enriching so many ordinary Americans with their 401K plans?!??

Mar 2019
California
Another idiotic meme. If Obama 'hated America', then why in the HELL did he LET the stock market more than TRIPLE on his watch, greatly enriching so many ordinary Americans with their 401K plans?!??
What in HELL is a bloody Me Me? A friggin' cartoon? What?

May 2007
your place
Get OFF of this stupid fucking meme on your part, willya? I am NOT rooting for economic failure!! For fuck's sake, my happy retirement depends on the markets doing well! The very LAST thing I would want to see is a stock market crash and another recession!

But I can see the signs of an impending one, because it is what I was TRAINED to do.

It’s not “meme” to point out facts. We had 8 years of negative talk about the economy from the right while Obama was in office. They always claimed things like “we are at the edge of the precipice”. They were relentless about it. Now that we have Trump, they are highlighting positives instead. It is tired shit. If you want to do the same thing, that is your choice.

The economy is always going to go through cycles. If you want a concrete way to gauge confidence, then look at how it is going in the travel business. Travel is a non-essential in terms of a purchase decision. If you are not a partisan hack, then look at data from resorts and hotel bookings, cruise bookings, leisure related air travel, RV sales and then share that “data”. You can also look at the prices of existing home sales and the actual dollar amounts that are being spent on automotive purchases. Those are concrete numbers that don’t rely on pollsters.

Mar 2019
California
It’s not “meme” to point out facts. We had 8 years of negative talk about the economy from the right while Obama was in office. They always claimed things like “we are at the edge of the precipice”. They were relentless about it. Now that we have Trump, they are highlighting positives instead. It is tired shit. If you want to do the same thing, that is your choice.

The economy is always going to go through cycles. If you want a concrete way to gauge confidence, then look at how it is going in the travel business. Travel is a non-essential in terms of a purchase decision. If you are not a partisan hack, then look at data from resorts and hotel bookings, cruise bookings, leisure related air travel, RV sales and then share that “data”. You can also look at the prices of existing home sales and the actual dollar amounts that are being spent on automotive purchases. Those are concrete numbers that don’t rely on pollsters.
Well ,what is meme? Cartoons? Lies? Asininity? Stupid jokes? What?

Mar 2019
California

I know a Mime is a jackAss who paints his face and weirds off in public.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
It doesn’t matter. It is a partisan thing to highlight the negatives in the economy when the party you oppose is in office. That is what the republicans did during Obama’s tenure.

As far as the trade war, to be fair to Trump he inherited a bad situation. There are probably a lot more voters that you might expect who will take up for Trump on this issue. It is kind of an American thing to not want to get screwed over by a communist country.
In case you haven't noticed, the farmers and some manufacturers are getting hit really, really, hard by his "trade" deal.

As well as everyday consumers.

I don't know how many times it needs to be said.

Tariffs are a tax

• J.P. Morgan estimates the average American household will be down $1,000 per year thanks to the newest round of tariffs on Chinese goods.
  • The firm’s chief U.S. equity strategist Dubravko Lakos-Bujas says unlike the agriculture sector, which is receiving subsidies from the government to offset some of the tariffs, “there is no simple way to compensate consumer.”

The firm estimates the average annual tariff cost per household will increase from $600 from the first two rounds of tariffs. The new tariffs are scheduled to begin Sept. 1 and in mid-December. “What distinguishes China Phase III tariffs from preceding tariffs is the impact to Consumption and Capital goods whereas previous tariffs focused more on Intermediate goods,” J.P. Morgan head of U.S. equity strategy Dubravko Lakos-Bujas said in a note to clients. “This suggests that the expected consumer impact should be larger in the latest round.”

Aapparel, footwear, consumer electronics and toys. In announcing his delay or cancellation of some of the tariffs, Trump said he wanted to avoid hurting the Christmas shopping season.

Here's what new tariffs will cost the average American household

Here is everything that is going to be taxed come Sept

Everything you need to buy before new US tariffs hit Chinese products

Donald Trump said Friday that "the longer the trade war goes on, the weaker China gets and the stronger we get."

But a new report published Friday from the New York Federal Reserve shows that may not be the case for businesses in New York, northern New Jersey, and southwestern Connecticut.

In the supplemental questions to the Empire State Manufacturing and Business Leaders Survey, more manufacturers and business leaders said that tariffs and trade-war policy have pushed up prices and reduced profits compared to 12 months ago.

"The data illustrate a considerably more widespread effect of higher input costs among service firms than in last year's survey," the NY Fed wrote in the report. This is an issue because it can weigh on profits, be passed along to the consumer, or both.

A new report offers fresh evidence that Trump's trade-war tariffs are hurting the US — even though he says they're not | Markets Insider

News reports are showing he is super anxious about a recession.

My bet - he caves.

Mar 2019
California
In case you haven't noticed, the farmers and some manufacturers are getting hit really, really, hard by his "trade" deal.

Tariffs are a tax

• J.P. Morgan estimates the average American household will be down $1,000 per year thanks to the newest round of tariffs on Chinese goods.
  • The firm’s chief U.S. equity strategist Dubravko Lakos-Bujas says unlike the agriculture sector, which is receiving subsidies from the government to offset some of the tariffs, “there is no simple way to compensate consumer.”

The firm estimates the average annual tariff cost per household will increase from $600 from the first two rounds of tariffs. The new tariffs are scheduled to begin Sept. 1 and in mid-December. “What distinguishes China Phase III tariffs from preceding tariffs is the impact to Consumption and Capital goods whereas previous tariffs focused more on Intermediate goods,” J.P. Morgan head of U.S. equity strategy Dubravko Lakos-Bujas said in a note to clients. “This suggests that the expected consumer impact should be larger in the latest round.”

Aapparel, footwear, consumer electronics and toys. In announcing his delay or cancellation of some of the tariffs, Trump said he wanted to avoid hurting the Christmas shopping season.

Donald Trump said Friday that "the longer the trade war goes on, the weaker China gets and the stronger we get."

But a new report published Friday from the New York Federal Reserve shows that may not be the case for businesses in New York, northern New Jersey, and southwestern Connecticut.

In the supplemental questions to the Empire State Manufacturing and Business Leaders Survey, more manufacturers and business leaders said that tariffs and trade-war policy have pushed up prices and reduced profits compared to 12 months ago.

"The data illustrate a considerably more widespread effect of higher input costs among service firms than in last year's survey," the NY Fed wrote in the report. This is an issue because it can weigh on profits, be passed along to the consumer, or both.

A new report offers fresh evidence that Trump's trade-war tariffs are hurting the US — even though he says they're not | Markets Insider

My bet - he caves.
How much? I bet he doesn't.

May 2007
your place

Tariffs are a tax

My bet - he caves.

There are a lot of Trump supporters who are self appointed junior scientists. Now the Trump haters are becoming junior economists.

Personally, I am rooting for the American economy so I am not going to join in the call for nervousness or panic.