Contempt of Congress

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
It isnt that its far gone, its that we still have too many people who either dont vote at all or they are the purists who want their way. They wont get behind someone they dont agree with 100%. My daughter went to an event recently and several there were saying they shouldnt vote for anyone who wont support the Green New Deal 100%. Thats a bit nutty since few are supporting it 100%. Many are focusing on a return to normal or away from Trump, but they dont see that. As I said above, we wont know until next election day how that turns out. Right now we just assume of course everyone will vote against Trump. But we really dont know.
Assuming that everyone will vote against Trump is a dangerous bit of complacency. He still enjoys a lot of support from likely voters. If the Green New Deal advocates don't vote or won't vote for anyone who doesn't support their rather radical ideas, then it gets more and more likely that Trump will win the election.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
19th century America was pretty much racist and imperialistic, and it grew very powerful and wealthy.

Could be that racism and imperialism are the wave of the future.

No advocating that, you understand, just making an observation.
Absolutely, America was often considered the most imperialistic empire. Racist as well with the Trail of Tears and slavery.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Assuming that everyone will vote against Trump is a dangerous bit of complacency. He still enjoys a lot of support from likely voters. If the Green New Deal advocates don't vote or won't vote for anyone who doesn't support their rather radical ideas, then it gets more and more likely that Trump will win the election.
We also are seeing changing demographics which democrats keep talking about. While true, its not that straightforward. Yes the country is more diverse and democrats enjoy more support, but many key states are becoming whiter and older as young people move out and nobody new comes in. Its very likely we could see states like Arizona and Texas become blue but also see Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio become solid red as they are growing older and whiter.

Reactions: Dittohead not!
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Yes, and look where it got us. When we went all PC and kind and all, it got us Trump.
I think it was comedian Jerry Seinfeld who said something similar a few years ago. Something about how being too PC makes us paranoid and mistrusting. He was right.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
I think it was comedian Jerry Seinfeld who said something similar a few years ago. Something about how being too PC makes us paranoid and mistrusting. He was right.
Often humorists put their finger precisely on the point that others avoid.

Reactions: bajisima