Cops Attack Anti-war Demonstrators in Rochester, New York

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
[quote name='michaelr' date='08 October 2009 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1255029691' post='34548']

I just quadruped checked it, you people are full of shit.

[/quote]

It must be so easy to go through life knowing that everyone but you is full of shit.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='boontito' date='08 October 2009 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1255029803' post='34552']

It must be so easy to go through life knowing that everyone but you is full of shit.

[/quote]

It's lonely..

Your problem is, your so ready to believe everyone but the cops are in the wrong and liars.

Let me clue you as to why the pigs beat these people, the protesters did not stop for them, they ignored them the, they acted as if the cops weren't there. Well that too god damn bad.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
[quote name='michaelr' date='08 October 2009 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1255029981' post='34553']

It's lonely..

Your problem is, your so ready to believe everyone but the cops are in the wrong and liars.

Let me clue you as to why the pigs beat these people, the protesters did not stop for them, they ignored them the, they acted as if the cops weren't there. Well that too god damn bad.

[/quote]

There you go proving who is really full of shit.

I don't believe the cops.

I don't believe the newspapers.

I don't believe Alex Jones.

I don't believe the protesters.

And I don't believe heavily edited video that is put out to make the case for one side... regardless of who puts it out.

The truth will probably come out, but it cannot be found in that video.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='boontito' date='08 October 2009 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1255030295' post='34557']

There you go proving who is really full of shit.

I don't believe the cops.

I don't believe the newspapers.

I don't believe Alex Jones.

I don't believe the protesters.

And I don't believe heavily edited video that is put out to make the case for one side... regardless of who puts it out.

The truth will probably come out, but it cannot be found in that video.

[/quote]

If there is a lot of time missing from that vid, the firetruck was in no hurry. How long does it take to drive a couple of blocks???

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Live feed from the G-20, the cops are ready to beat some ass there as well. Hurry call a firetruck.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
the protesters did not stop for them, they ignored them the, they acted as if the cops weren't there. Well that too god damn bad.

Yup. Too damn bad for someone who is told to do something by a police officer and ignores that officer and pretends he isn't there. That's not an outrage, that's normal operating procedure.

If A peace officer in the course of his duty asks you to move or leave the area, and you don't, he may, at his discretion, arrest.

I watched the video once and I saw about 10-12 people get arrested. I didn't see a single person beaten. Not a single weapon was used, spray, club, firearm or even fist or kick. This is exactly the level of force appropriate to someone who is uncooperative.

I can't speak for NY police, but uncooperative is defined here as passively resisting, ignoring or attempting to walk away. The level of force appropriate for that behaviour is soft hand (touching) or hard hand (grabbing and immobilizing). Which is what I saw on the video.

Grab, put to the ground, cuff, remove from scene, identify then either charge or release. From what I know from TV in the US the cops can actually take you to the station for a few hours before release, whereas I coudln't.

Anyway - if the cops had grounds to arrest these people then there's nothing remotely interesting in the video. I don't know if they had grounds or not, all I saw was the arrests, the people could argue that in court if they like. But NOBODY on that video was beaten or attacked.

Please link to the scene were someone is beaten or attacked.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
[quote name='michaelr' date='08 October 2009 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1255030553' post='34563']

Live feed from the G-20, the cops are ready to beat some ass there as well. Hurry call a firetruck.

[/quote]

Hurry, edit some video so it supports your argument.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='Dr.Knuckles' date='08 October 2009 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1255030653' post='34565']

Yup. Too damn bad for someone who is told to do something by a police officer and ignores that officer and pretends he isn't there. That's not an outrage, that's normal operating procedure.

If A peace officer in the course of his duty asks you to move or leave the area, and you don't, he may, at his discretion, arrest.

I watched the video once and I saw about 10-12 people get arrested. I didn't see a single person beaten. Not a single weapon was used, spray, club, firearm or even fist or kick. This is exactly the level of force appropriate to someone who is uncooperative.

I can't speak for NY police, but uncooperative is defined here as passively resisting, ignoring or attempting to walk away. The level of force appropriate for that behaviour is soft hand (touching) or hard hand (grabbing and immobilizing). Which is what I saw on the video.

Grab, put to the ground, cuff, remove from scene, identify then either charge or release. From what I know from TV in the US the cops can actually take you to the station for a few hours before release, whereas I coudln't.

Anyway - if the cops had grounds to arrest these people then there's nothing remotely interesting in the video. I don't know if they had grounds or not, all I saw was the arrests, the people could argue that in court if they like. But NOBODY on that video was beaten or attacked.

Please link to the scene were someone is beaten or attacked.

[/quote]

Hey this is America. Hell I thought you might have had some empathy for these protesters....oh wait this is Obama's war now.

Fuck those cops, there is one that I would have kicked his teeth in.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
[quote name='michaelr' date='08 October 2009 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1255030418' post='34560']

If there is a lot of time missing from that vid, the firetruck was in no hurry. How long does it take to drive a couple of blocks???

[/quote]

You don't know.

How many firetrucks went to that fire? Was that the third one coming through? Could the firetruck have come to a complete stop because of the protesters, backed up a block to try a different route, and then gone forward again once the protesters cleared the street? Could the protesters have gotten out of the way of the firetruck and not caused it to delay at all? You don't know, because this group of protesters do not want you to know the truth about what happened... that is why they edited the footage.

You go into a situation with your mind already made up with what you want to believe happened or will happen. You then show that you are willing to latch onto anything, regardless of how based in fact it is, to support what you already believe.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='boontito' date='08 October 2009 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1255030930' post='34571']

You don't know.

How many firetrucks went to that fire? Was that the third one coming through? Could the firetruck have come to a complete stop because of the protesters, backed up a block to try a different route, and then gone forward again once the protesters cleared the street? Could the protesters have gotten out of the way of the firetruck and not caused it to delay at all? You don't know, because this group of protesters do not want you to know the truth about what happened... that is why they edited the footage.

You go into a situation with your mind already made up with what you want to believe happened or will happen. You then show that you are willing to latch onto anything, regardless of how based in fact it is, to support what you already believe.

[/quote]

Oh I am sure it was a flipping parade, although we only saw and heard on, those lying protesters.

What makes you more angry, the lies of the article people were using as cover, or the protesters protesting Obama's war???