Cory Booker to introduce reparations bill in the senate

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
My thoughts are that "reparations" would need to be defined a whole lot better. My hunch is that it means something different to each and every one of these candidates, same as does "Medicare for All".

Ditch the word "reparations" Dems. It is NOT a winner.
Agree.

They either need to stop using the word or immediately start redefining what most people consider the word to mean.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Agree.

They either need to stop using the word or immediately start redefining what most people consider the word to mean.
Agreed they need to stop using it, but they won't. Why? It's code to voters; specifically black voters. It's the same code other politicians use to rally their base. Trump uses immigrants and Muslims, Republicans use abortion and gay marriage. Cory and others are using "reparations". Sure, they could choose to use words or phrases such as "helping break the cycle of poverty" or "helping educate our youth", but they don't. The word "reparations" has a specific meaning and is directed at a specific voter demographic.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
So, who all gets reparations?

- Japanese were held in camps and had their property taken

- white people sacrificed hundreds of thousands of lives to free slaves

- Irish had many people who had been slaves

So, is it only black people that get reparations for their suffering?

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Booker is the worst kind of demagogue. Yapping about Trump dividing the nation, and then talking reparations. Then again the Demonrats field is full of demagogues.

Feb 2015
sadness
So, who all gets reparations?

- Japanese were held in camps and had their property taken

- white people sacrificed hundreds of thousands of lives to free slaves

- Irish had many people who had been slaves

So, is it only black people that get reparations for their suffering?
should i expecpt everyone who would get reperation to get down on their knees and thank me for my sacrifice of family?