Coservative racist only slightly worse than liberals ( my lastest rant).

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
The southern strategy is alive and well. We saw it in the last presidential election when GOP operatives were caught plotting to use the Rev. Wright to launch racially inflammatory attacks against Obama. We saw it when Romney was booed by the NAACP and later claimed that it was by design. From Meghan Kelly claiming that Santa Claus is white, to Duck Dynasty characters ( which is now playing back to back episodes), dog whistle call outs to racist whites, black, or whatever, is a permanent fixture in conservative politics. There's a kind of strange mixture of denial and glorification of the racist on the right. They seem loathed to call out their own side , often completely ignoring it in their haste to gleefully call out anything that might, just maybe, be even remotely racist on the liberal side. To be sure , there is racism on the liberal side. Truth be told, the targets of this racism and of this bigotry see little difference between liberals and conservatives. There's no way to really quantify who is "more" racist. Why would there even be a reason to? Well, that's the million dollar question isn't it?

However, there are still differences. Liberals are less likely to use terms like "race hustler", for instance, to describe legitimate efforts on the part of folks like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Eric Holder, etc, to address racism. Ironically, a term that broadcast the ignorance of the user. Often, they are the same ones who know next to nothing about civil rights leader. They don't know, or seem to want to know, that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are out in the trenches working within the black community to address poverty, education, upward mobility, black on black violence and equal justice, etc. No, no no, it's all race hustling to these people. Because they choose to remain deliberately ignorant. The only high profile African American's they seem to like are the ones that spout off public ridicule of the black community. Folks like Allen West, Juan Williams, or Herman Cain. Oh but, Colin Powell and Oprah were alright too for a time. That is, until they had the audacity to stray from the right-wing fringe narrative. THESE OBSERVATIONS DON'T APPLY TO ALL CONSERVATIVES.

The biggest problem I see with liberals ( or at least many of them ) is they really just don't want to even deal with racism. They want to remain safe behind their own personal boundaries, seemingly because they secretly hold some of the same racist views as your garden variety white supremacist. Tucked deep away in a place they don't even want to admit exist, there's a liberal Rush Limbaugh lurking just beneath the surface. If anyone comes close to revealing that inner self, they're quick to change the subject, or, if they can, remove themselves from having to look the person in that particular mirror squarely in the eye. In that way they're like addicts that are spoken about in AA meetings. They're simply constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves about their own inner thoughts regarding race.

Funny thing.

If you talk to liberals they'll say it's conservatives that use racism for political gain. If you talk to conservatives they'll say it's liberals. Both will have talking points prepared to demonstrate why. Meanwhile those who are the focus of these discussions are just caught up. For a time advancements were made. One could argue it was democrats who pushed these advancement. One could also argue that it was republicans. What difference does it make though? Those advancements are slowly being eroded away, while both sides blame the other. I must admit , most of the reason for that is because of right-wing fringe commentators, like Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, most of Fox News and the right wing social media/echo chamber. Because of extremist like these, liberals don't have to deal with their own racism. They can just point to the extremist right-wing nutjobs and distract from their own inner conflict.

Sorry to burst your bubble libs, but when it comes to racism, yall are only slightly less racist than the cons.

Ok, so now that I've pissed off the majority of the board....

thanks for letting me rant.

Last edited:
Feb 2011
The greatest place on Earth California
So whats new? When people stop worrying about race, like that's gonna happen, it won't make news. Frankly I am tired of all the race shit.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
Yeah, I understand​

[video=youtube;kQnlcUN3qcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQnlcUN3qcQ[/video]​

Reactions: 1 person

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
So whats new? When people stop worrying about race, like that's gonna happen, it won't make news. Frankly I am tired of all the race shit.
The only way that's going to happen is if we start being honest in our discussions about it.